Feeling much better after yesterdays fiasco.
Today was weigh-in. I wasn't feeling up to it after this weeks "indulgences"... but surprisingly I am at the same weight. Wow. Amazing. I'm bowing down to the weight Gods this morning.
Today was my last day with my kindergartners that I have been teaching twice a week for this semester. It was bittersweet! They are all so cute. They gave me a card with all of their names on it and a class picture. The teacher gave me hand soap and hand lotion. I had a fantastic time with them. They were the best. I'll miss it.
* News on how my face is doing *
- Better. I was accidentally (i hope) wacked in the face by a fellow dance member. It was a pretty hard wack.. and since I have had my nose broken before, I was in tons of pain. I was able to finish the class. I hate quitting, and I haaaate pity. So, yes... while swallowing blood and hoping my teeth didn't fall out... I kept dancing. Mrs. Lathrop would be so proud! Yes, I did clean myself up.. I wasn't dancing around with blood everywhere haha..
Today, I woke up to a song by Al Yankovich that was on my ipod (I listen to my ipod sometimes when I sleep). I laughed at the song, and was immediately stricken with pain. OUCH. It hurts to smile, laugh, and sneeze. How am I going to get through the day without smiling or laughing??
Ever notice that I am always using smiley faces? Like when I close my posts everyday? I use a smiley face... =)
Cheesy? Maybe.
Me? Yes.
Sooo me. I don't think I'm ever not smiling. Even through the bad times, I try my best to keep a smile on. Or at least half a smile.
As a kid, I was constantly made fun of for always smiling. I used to let it bother me, let it get to me. So.. you know... I went through this phase. I think I was 12 or 13 years old. I never smiled. Couldn't be bothered. Family members would always say, "Where did that smiling girl go? Where is the smile that I like to see every time I see you?"
None of those remarks got to me. Except one.
I was in dance... dress rehearsal. The day before a big show... opening night. I'm dancing on stage with my class in front of the entire dance school. Music stops. We stop dancing. A loud voice is heard from the balcony of the theater where Mrs. Lathrop is checking for possible mistakes.
"KARLA... YOU LOOK MISERABLE. CAN YOU AT LEAST PRETEND YOU ARE HAVING FUN??"
Haha. Oh how I love her. She has taught me so much.
I haven't stopped smiling since.
I miss her. She was just the absolute best. A third grandmother. =)
Keep smiling.
Until next time,
Karla =) =) =)

I'm glad you're feeling better. You are soo right we all need to just keep smiling it makes things sooo much better.
ReplyDelete