Christmas was wonderful...besides some minor family drama, I had a lovely day.
The family drama basically consisted of certain family members calling me "too skinny" and saying "well, now you can STOP losing weight" when I told them that I had reached my goal, and how happy I was about it. Not too many "Congratulations!!"... definitely a whole lot of, "yeah, you really need to stop before you become invisible"
Thank you family! Ughh
So besides that...
It was a great Christmas.
I got some very nice things including a Michael Buble CD because I am in love with his voice. I also got a Victoria's Secret gift card that I cannot WAIT to use!! I got a few new items of clothing....may I just add that the shirts I was given are all SMALLS!! CRAZY!
But I would have to say... that one of my favorite gifts was not
something I asked for. It was not something hugely expensive or materialistic. It was a
simple "star" ornament with a piece of white paper attached. On the white paper was a poem written by my ever so talented Aunt.
Now.. a star.. represents the "Stardust Revue" which is the name of our dance recital every June. And the "Stardusters" are the top class of our dance school, the class that my Aunt and I are very privileged to be part of. So, I knew this poem had something to do with dance..
The picture is below.. but in case you can't read it.. it says..
"Mrs Lathrop-
To be within your company,
We're glad to have had the chance.
Our guiding and shining star
We will always see you in the dance.
2009"
Here it is with the star ornament.
So, I thought I would be strong and hold back tears... but I clearly didn't. Totally lost it right then and there and had to excuse myself. I am such an emotional basket case when it comes to her. I still cannot believe she is gone and it is hard for me to talk about her without losing it. She really was family to me, and it is especially hard now because she would usually have a New Years Eve party every year. New Years is next week and she isn't here to ring in the new year with her dancers. It will be sad.. luckily I have plans to keep my mind off of it.
Here is a picture of the grandchildren of my mother's parents. Yep, only 3 of us. My brother, my 4 year old cousin, and me. We are SO spoiled too!!
Life is good right now. Life is very, very good right now. I am really happy... for a number of different reasons. I am finally at goal weight, I am so happy with my accomplishments, I love spending time with family (most of the time!), and there is one more thing that is making me so unbelievably happy... but I'm sure some of you who read this blog often could put 2 and 2 together to figure out what that may be..... =)
I'm hoping all of you had fantastic Christmas's and that you all have good weekends!
til next time,
Karla =)
P.S. I did NOT over do it with food this year. Amazing.

What a sweet gift!
ReplyDeleteSorry that some of your relatives were less than polite to you-they're just jealous of your fabulousness! LOL!
What a great gift - so thoughtful :-) Glad you had a nice Christmas! Here's to seeing in 2010! It will be an even more fabulous year!
ReplyDelete