Thursday, December 17, 2009

OKAY i have some beef..


... with this ONE little tiny infomercial that I just saw.


This infomercial was selling the.... Perfect Fit Button.


What is a Perfect Fit Button you ask?



No really, check it out. It will make you laugh.


OR.. it might make you angry like it made me angry.


Huge long rant begins here:

You know... I honestly feel that this Perfect Fit Button is the epiphany of America. Always looking for the easy way out of things. This button is basically saying..."Are you fat?? Do you not fit into your jeans?? Well... that's alright, because now... there is the Perfect Fit Button that you can attach to your pants just in case the button that is already on your pants doesn't button.

Seriously world? Do we really need a Perfect Fit Button?

Why do we always take the easy way out?

When our pants are too tight, why can't we change how we eat, change how we workout. You know... for months and months and months, I would make excuses for myself...excuses for my weight... excuses for ...well... everything!!

I FINALLY came to my senses and did something about it. I worked HARD to change and to lose the weight... I worked hard to get into shape... change my lifestyle. I worked hard on my dancing... I worked hard at everything that I hated about myself.

Life is not EASY. There IS NO easy button!! AND... there shouldn't be a Perfect Fit Button either!!!

You will be a lot more proud of yourself if you actually put in the work to change, and not spend $10 plus shipping and handling on a Perfect Fit Button.

Plus.. that $10 that some idiot may spend on this "Perfect Fit Button" may have just as well gone to a good cause. A better cause. A cause that my friend blogged about this morning. That post is here. A must read.


til next time,


Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I totally saw that commercial this weekend and my friends and I laughed our asses off!!

    And then...we were sad...cause people really will use them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! But it says in the ad you can easily REDUCE the waist size too! lol But ya know most people will get it so they don't have to buy bigger size jeans! Hmmm, maybe I will have to get one of those myself..... just kidding!

    Thank you so much for your wonderful comment - you are so kind and so right - I need to set some new goals for myself!

    Sorry for not commenting as much - I have been mostly reading the blogs on my iPhone through google reader! Doesn't let you comment! Darned thing!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just realised that if I get some pants that actually fit instead of having to be held up with a belt (or this easy fit button LMAO) then I would be aware of my increasing waist size, motivation to get my butt into gear. I'm going shopping... next week, after Christmas sales that is. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I've never seen this-but I might have bought it while pregnant so I could stretch out the time I could fit into regular clothes instead of those heinous stretch pants!

    ReplyDelete