Friday, December 4, 2009

Fa la la la laaaaa

YES!! I am in the Christmas spirit this morning at 7am. I woke up and decided to pop in some Christmas songs....AKA... Michael Buble... AKA.... the man I will marry someday.. =)

Last night was dance.. it was awesome =)

Got a TON of compliments on my new drastic haircut. Also got some compliments on how I have "changed as a dancer". I used to be much more of a tap/ballet dancer than hip hop. For some reason, when I was younger, (and much less comfortable with my body)... I could never get my body to move in those funky ways that you would see on a typical MTV music video. But now, I guess I am starting to come out of my shell, and my dance teacher was happy. YAY!


So.. back to the Christmas spirit. Last night, I watched the Rockefeller xmas tree lighting again because I had it taped. Michael Buble was simply amazing... and the Rockettes... well... nothing is better than the Rockettes.

Tonight is the annual xmas tree lighting in my town in CT. We used to have a huuuuge tree that was so historic to our town, and also very special to me. That fell down in a bad storm 2 years ago. So, we now have another tree that isn't as big. But, it will do!

For about 25+ years... my family has been super involved in the annual tree lighting. In September, our town has a Labor Day parade... the biggest one in CT. I used to dress up in a Santa dance costume and ride on the float that we created for the xmas tree lighting. The float doesn't exist anymore, but... my family and I are still such big parts of the tree lighting ceremony. I used to dance at it... but don't anymore ...due to the fact that they have our high school's band and chorus perform.

For 25+ years, my Grandmother and Grandfather have played as Mr. and Mrs. Claus. So what does that make me?? You guessed it. I'm an ELF!! Every year. Usually I have someone help me like, my brother.. or a friend. This year, one of my roommates will be coming to help.

Our job is to safely get my Grandparents from our black SUV to the sleigh that they sit in near the tree after it has been lit. Then... our job is to sit behind them as they are bombarded by children young and old, and give them candy canes to give to the children and also to collect "lists for Santa" from them. We are also asked to take pictures of families with the Claus's and replace broken candy canes from annoying parents.

But really, it is a whole lot of fun. The little kids think that it is so cool. I dress up as an elf... I go all out... and I LOVE it. It makes the kids so happy.

Best of all... my cousin is always there. The 4 year old boy that I talk about from time to time on here. He sometimes doesn't recognize me so usually I whisper in his ear..."It's Karla" and he looks up at me and smiles. He is the cutest!!!

I'll have pictures up tomorrow I am sure.

OH and today was weigh-day... I AM DOWN A POUND! WOOOOO!


Til next time,

Karlaaaaa =)

1 comment:

  1. YAY on EVERYTHING!!

    You just deserve a big overall yay :)

    Happy Friday lady!!

    ReplyDelete