I just opened number 1 right now and ate the piece of chocolate. Yes, even though it is 8:30am. At first I thought the piece of chocolate was in the shape of a toilet seat. I was so confused... but then I figured out (at least I think) it is supposed to be a horseshoe. Haha. Good times.
I love the tradition of the Advent Calendars. I always used to think my Mom was so "cool" for letting us eat the candy after we had breakfast in the morning. My brother and I both couldn't wait very long to open up each day's candy. It was always exciting to see more and more of the slots opened when Christmas came nearer and nearer. I used to love the chocolate that was inside of it but I have to admit... it is the most horrible chocolate I have ever tasted now that I am older. Yuckkk..
I cannot believe it is December 1st already. If anyone knows where October and November went, please let me know.
Today, I am going to my 2 classes... then going Christmas shopping with one of my roommates. From there, we are going to see New Moon!!! I am excited. I love the Twilight books. They are awesome. So detailed.. so descriptive. The movies aren't as good.. but the actors in them are definitely not an eye sore. =)
Tomorrow is hump daaay.. which means the week is half over. YAY!
Tomorrow is also the birthday of one of my best friends. Well... was one of my best friends. Every year on her birthday, I sit and wonder.. where she is now.. what she is doing.. how she is doing. We were real good friends in Middle/High school. She dropped out when we were sophomores and I never heard from her again. She was the best. Funny, easy to talk to, she was a great listener especially when I needed her the most. She got into the wrong crowd and I haven't seen her in about 5 or 6 years. Someday I hope to reconnect with her again. I miss her a lot sometimes.
Til next time,
Karla =)

My kids always loved those Advent calendars-the chocolate was probably the big draw!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for the thoughtful comments you left today on my "Biggest Loser: Love it or Hate it" post. I knew people would have differing opinions. It's always good getting a dialouge going.
Karla, I love the advent calender as well. I remember doing it as a kid and it made Christmas such a special day to look forward to. Now I don't value it as much as I did as a kid, even though I still enjoy Christmas. We did soo much as a family when I was young.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried to look up your friend on facebook?
If you would still like to donate, it would mean a lot to me, the link is below. The race is Sunday.
http://www.active.com/donate/lv09lasvegas/vegas09EGould
I would like to feature your entry for the 25 days of Christmas Next MOnday (dec 7th)! IF this date is not good for you please, let me know. Just email me what you want posted ( in a regular email ~ not a download file please) and I will have it up asap. If it isn't received before 6am (CST) on that Monday, it will have to be posted in the afternoon. Thanks for participating!
ReplyDeleteSheila King
http;//oneprettylittlebox.blogspot.com
I used to love those calendars!! I should get one again just for old times :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope that one day you do get to reconnect with your friend.