As squinted my eyes and looked up at my purple clock in my purple room, I noticed that it was only 6:55am. Don’t you love that? Waking up and noticing you still have a few more hours of sleep time to go. That’s my favorite.
I stretched, and snuggled deep into my purple sheets again; trying to hold onto the dream I had just woken up from. (I was dreaming of Michael Buble…maybe that was because I was listening to him on my iPod before I fell asleep)
Just as I was falling back into dreamland… RING!
7am. Phone ringing. No, it wasn’t my alarm.
I look over at it, dreading who it may be.
It’s Grandma. I decided instead of rolling over… I would answer.
“Hey Karla. It’s Grandma”
I’m thinking, yes Grandma… I know. I have caller I.D.
“Are you awake?”
Yes, I lie.
“Great, because the snow looks just right on my Christmas wreath and the sun is glistening down on it so nice. You know, I was thinking maybe you could come over today and take a picture of it before 7:30am because I have to leave at that time. Plus, I want a picture of it before the snow melts.”
Ummm… OK Grandma, I’ll be…. Right over.
So, I get dressed. Throw my makeup on…almost quite literally. I head out the door, and start my car. It’s covered in snow. I scrape the ice and snow off and start to head down the driveway. Then, back into reverse… I had forgotten my camera inside. I grab the camera, and it’s back into the car I go. Down the driveway… try not to hit the stray cat that hangs around the farm next door.
7:10am. I arrive at Grandma’s. She has hot tea on the kitchen table for me.
I take the picture, and then I take a few more. Took some pictures of icicles. I actually had quite a nice time.
My Grandma thanked me. Continuously.
She didn’t have to. I would do anything for her, or for anyone.
So here is what I came up with.
Even having to get up at an early hour, drag myself out of my warm, purple bed, scraping the snow off my car…. Just to take one little picture of a wreath... it was all worth it.
Because, I made someone happy.
That is something that I love to do. Making others happy, makes me happy. I love bringing joy to people’s lives.
I guess it’s something I sort of always knew about myself, but just never thought about too much until now.
It was a good morning. =)
18 days til Christmas!
Til next time,
Karla =)

That was so nice of you Karla! Not many people would do that - did you take that photo of the icicle??? It's absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAww what a great thing to do for your grandma! She is very lucky to have you in her life. The photo looks amazing, you are very talented :-)
ReplyDelete