I have sat around.. and watched tv.. and read blogs.. and sat around some more..
So today, I decided to change that. I got up at 7:30am, got ready.. and danced. Danced for awhile this morning. It's no fun when I want to dance and I can't blast my music. The music needs to be deafening so that I can feel it.. and do my thing. But, with the parents home... I can't do that. So when they leave, I try to take advantage of the empty house.
Lately I have been going over a lot of Rockette choreo that I learned over the summer and through watching the xmas show a million times. This means, a lot of dancing in high heeled taps. High heeled taps=pain. Tons and tons of pain. I am feeling it now. Especially since after I danced, I took a loooong walk. It was nice, but now I'm in twice the pain.
Oh the perks of being a dancer.
I have felt like I am in a rut lately. No dance class last week.. no dance class this week, because of the holidays. It sucks. I miss it. I'm so used to dancing at least 2 hours a day when I'm home. I haven't gotten close to that this week.
I can see the difference too. I can tell that I haven't danced in awhile. I am sore... I am not as flexible... it sucks!
I need some inspiration. I have been choreographing a song... and I have hit rock bottom. I can't think of any more choreo to write with it. So it's mainly improv... I make it up as I go along. I need a song that gets my wheels turning. A song where the choreo just comes out naturally.
On a more awesome note- I got my Christmas present today from my brother. DDR 3 for Wii!!!! I am SO excited to use it!! I can't wait. I am pretty amazing at that game.
Now I just have to find someone who is willing to challenge me to a game so that I can get their you know what. ;-)
End of boring post.
til next time,
Karla =)

Hi! I just recently found your blog and was really excited to find someone else in this world that has such a passion for dancing. I've also been working on living a healthy lifestyle. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi and congrats on your weight loss!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Christmas present!
ReplyDeleteYAY DDR!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you find some you time for dancing this week! I know how weird it feels to be out of your schedule/routine!