I was driving home from a restaurant and spun out of control. Did a 360 and hit the side of a bridge. I thought that was the end of me. Figured I would have fallen right off the bridge... but I didn't. I waited in the car to assess the situation and re-group. I was hit by an on coming car and smashed into the bridge a second time. Wacked my head real hard and thought it was going to explode. My air bags never came out or anything. What a hit I took. Not once, but twice.
So I get out of the car and called my parents. The police were called. I couldn't even walk on the road... a sheet of ice is what it was really.
The woman who slammed into me left the scene without even a warning. It was "all my fault". Then, as the cop was filling out information, my car was hit again by a second car. Luckily, I wasn't in it. I was standing out in the freezing rain.
Then, yes... it was hit again by a third car.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was totaled. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
I'm done with this week. I haven't even cried today. I've cried out every tear I have left with my brother and my teacher disrespecting me... and being accidentally punched in the face... now this. Three cars hit mine. My head is still spinning from the whole thing.
My hair was frozen solid too. I stood out in the freezing rain for an hour and a half. The cop couldn't be bothered with inviting me into his car to keep warm. Luckily the tow truck guy was nice. I'm surprised I didn't die of hypothermia.
So, besides a sore head and a totaled car, and my schedule for the week being totally screwed up....
I'm doing just fine.
This sucks.
Til next time
-Karla =( I think that was my first sad face ever. UGH. I just can't smile right now.

Oh my god Karla! So glad you're okay! What a terrible thing to happen! I bet Mrs Lathrop was watching out for you :-) I hope you feel better soon - things will get better!
ReplyDeleteKarla
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry this happened to you and thankful that you are walking and recovering. I will never understand it but it seems that sometimes bad things in life come in threes or bunches. I hope yours are over for a bit
Hugs
Linda
I will so be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteKarla- I am SO SO sorry. What a week for real. But it's over and I am so happy you're alright. Wish I could give you a huge hug. Take care and be safe on those roads. Will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteJenny
Hey karla... wow, that's so hectic! i'm sooo glad you're ok! i nearly got hit my a truck two days ago which totally freaked me out. even injury is a scary thought!! i hope that things calm down now and that the sun starts shining just a lil brighter for you, God's special child!! Lv Fleur
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so sorry I had no idea all this was going on. I'm so glad you are ok!
ReplyDeletePlease let me know if you need anything. Maybe this really would be a good time to hop a plane to Kansas...just sayin :)
Oh My WORD! You poor thing!!! Wow, you were really lucky you weren't hurt more. I have been in accidents like that, where you wonder what could have happened. Your guardian angels were watching!
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo sorry!! I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad that you didn't get more injured. I think Mrs. Lathrop was watching down making sure you were okay. Feel better soon!
ReplyDelete