Today was a whirlwind of a day.
Handed in my unit plan. What a relief. It took me about 3 months to complete. 53 pages later.. it is now completed and in the hands of the teacher, and my printer is out of ink. Sweet.
Got yelled at by a teacher today. I was writing down notes as she was speaking. She looked over at me... the whole class went silent. I looked up from writing notes. She said, "Excuse me, Karla. Can you please inform the class on what is more important than what I am saying?"
Um... what?
"Karla... please put all other work away now."
YEAH, ACTUALLY... I WAS LISTENING TO THE STUPID THINGS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND I WAS TAKING NOTES, UNLIKE THE REST OF THE CLASS. JEEZ.
I'm sorry. That just really aggravated me. In fact, I got up and left the class. I was so mad. I had just been through a rough morning with handing in my unit, and doing finishing touches to it before handing it in. I was stressed. I left the class... good thing it was toward the end.
I left and started walking away, down the hall, in heels. I started crying. Ughhh.. I felt like such an idiot. I am a huge mess. Running down the stairs in heels. Tears everywhere.
I get outside, and start walking back to my dorm. All I remember is gasping and hitting the ground. Cement. Great.
Man's voice says, "Are you okay, that was kind of the most hilarious thing I have ever seen!"
He helped me up and grabbed my books that happened to fly 80 million feet out of my bag.
I said thank you to him, and kept walking. I guess I fell? It's all kind of a blur. But, that sounds like me. Always a mess... always so uncoordinated when I walk.. I should stop wearing heels. And I call myself a dancer.. ughh
So, I get back to the dorm just to find that my thigh is killing me. I look at it, its bleeding. Great. I clean it up, change.. and get ready to fly out the door again. I had to teach kindergarten from 1-3pm.
The teacher let me go early (2pm). She heard my story and was like a God send. She made me feel tons better.
So I leave. I'm doing 90 on the highway. Such a bad habit of mine. I need to stop before I get myself killed one day.
One of the weirdest things about me is that when I am extremely upset or angry... I want to feel an adrenaline rush. I want to jump off a cliff, jump out of a plane... hahaha.. thank God there is dance. That is where I get my adrenaline rush. Thank God I have dance tonight. I need it.
I came back home, picked up my brother (who decided to get on my nerves...always good timing). We went out to pick up a birthday present for my mom whose birthday is Monday. We left with nothing because he was complaining the whole time. God forbid he misses his blessed band practice to buy his own mother a birthday present.
So as we are picking out her gift, I am asking him his opinion. Yes, I know... men could care less. But I am quite sick of doing everything all the time. I needed his opinion. He was texting, complaining and so on. So I dropped everything and walked out the store's door. Went to my car, and waited for him to get in. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" he says. I drove home. Dropped him off where he needed to be, and I told him... YOU are on YOUR own for Mom's birthday present. I am doing my own thing.
The nerve of some people.
Dance will make everything better tonight.
Dance is like my own personal brand of heroin. What is yours? Do you have one? That one thing that you can count on to make you feel brand new, better?
Til next time,
Karla =)
**** EDIT: So to top off my day... I went to dance... and I got wacked in the face. By accident!! But still... I have what appears to be the beginning of a black eye... 2 fat lips... and a bloody nose in which I am still swallowing blood from. AWESOME!!!!!!

LOL- that's hilarious what you did to your brother. (sound slike he needed that little wake up!) What did he do??
ReplyDeleteSorry your day sucked. We all have them- and I hope and pray I don't have another one for awhile- at least a good month. :)
Music makes me feel better- sometimes worse, but overall better. I put on my headphones or crank up the stereo and dance or workout.
Then again there are times when I'm so angry the last thing I want to do is be active, so I veg on the couch all night, drink wine and watch Friends on DVD. ha
There. My novel is complete.
Aww I'm sooo sorry that you had such a bad day. I would have been sooo mad at that teacher! It always seems like my bad days continue to get worse so I know how you feel. I hope you are feeling much better.
ReplyDeleteyikes... what a day... oy vey.
ReplyDelete