So every year I am bombarded with friends and family members asking me what I want for Christmas. I always just brush them off until their questioning gets too annoying to avoid.
So I end up creating a "Christmas List" every year.
I have noticed throughout the years that my list gets shorter and shorter...materialistically speaking.
But... here is what I have asked for this year.
A new dance game for Wii... what a workout! AND SO MUCH FUN!
Yes, I would really love to have a blender because I am in love with smoothies, milkshakes, protein shakes... you name it.
And last but not least, a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. I am in desperate need of new bras. This whole weight loss thing has brought me from a 40DD to a 34C. Whoa! Definitely in need of new bras. Big time. Way overdue.
But you know... none of this stuff matters compared to the bigger, more important things in life.
#1: God. My wish is that he looks down upon everyone this holiday season and keeps even those in unfortunate circumstances in good spirits.
-He really does answer prayers. He was there when I had my accident. Protected me and my passenger. I walked out of that accident with not even a scratch. That was amazing... a miracle... a blessing. I am beyond thankful.
#2: My family. My wish is that my mom's health problems become minimal and non life threatening. She has high blood pressure and high cholesterol...and she is the healthiest person I know. She dances, eats right, and stays in shape. It's a family thing though, I too will probably have it. But... GOOD NEWS... it has gone down. Just heard today from the doctor that she is doing better. Amen to that.
My wish is that we are all well, and alive and together for this holiday. That is always the greatest Christmas present.
You know... when you are young... you don't care about anything but toys on Christmas. At least, that was how I looked at it. Santa was the man around this time. I could not wait for him to break into my house to leave me gifts that I may or may not have even deserved.
Now, I know that Christmas is way more than just materialistic things. Yes, it is the season of giving... and I believe we all need to be Santa's on this magical day. We all need to give in one way or another. Whether it's gifts, or just a simple smile... a hug... a friendly hello...
I now know that the most important gift at Christmas is not going to be my pink blender, or the dance game, or the Victoria's Secret card...
...it will be the gift of family, love, the gift of living another day on earth... and the gifts that I was given that make me who I am. My motivation, my ambition, determination.
Because those gifts have got me to where I am now at 157lbs...they have got me to actually try to pursue my dream of being a Rockette... to pursue things that I never dreamed could be reality. The support from family... my determination to succeed... my ambition... my motivation.
I have a Christmas list this year. You saw it. But really, I already received my gift. I'm all set.
til next time,
Karla =)

So true that the best things in life can't be found under the tree.
ReplyDeleteI did a post yesterday about having goals. Your goal to become a Rockette is a wonderful one! I love watching the Rockettes perform, they make it look so effortless to kick up their legs above their heads!
What a wonderful post. We all have so much to be thankful for and there are so many non-materialistic things that I want as well. You are such a wonderful person!
ReplyDeleteP.S 40DD?! Holy cow girl! Haha It's hard to imagine because you are soo tiny!