Friday, December 4, 2009

Lately...

Lately lots and lots of people have been asking me... how do you deal with it all? How do you deal with all the negative things you hear from strangers, or even the people who you love the most?

And, I think this is because, lately... there have been a lot of people who have been saying negative things to me. People who are stuck in a hole and are trying to drag me down in it with them. People who are scared... people who notice my success with weight loss and comfortableness with my own skin...and get jealous.

One of the ways I deal with it is by blogging. Even just typing my thoughts into Microsoft Word like a mad woman and then saving it. Sometimes I type up things that I want to tell people. It helps release my anger. So today, I have decided to vent on here a little bit about this one thing that bothers me about people around me. I have blogged about this before, I know. But, here it goes again.


I do not like it when people around me CONSTANTLY... I mean... CONSTANTLY, CONSISTENTLY complain about something that THEY CAN CHANGE.

Trust me, I know this. It just takes that first little step. The first step is the hardest! Especially with weight loss because WW is NOT a diet... it is an absolute lifestyle change. You don't just lose 20lbs and gain it back when you stop. No. That is a diet. A lifestyle change is when you lose the weight, and still work EVERYDAY to keep it off.

Once you are done with that first step.. that first commitment.. whether its signing up for WW, getting off the couch, lifting weights while watching the Biggest Loser, walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes... it's something!

That first step is CRUCIAL..it's the most important.

I really, really find it frustrating when people quit just because they don't see results. If you go into something with that kind of thought in your head... let me tell you something,

You are setting yourself up for failure!

Some weeks, I won't see any results...even after working my butt off and eating right... but does that mean I give up??

Absolutely not.


I am not a quitter. Because quitters are failures. And for me... failure is just NOT an option.

And lately, I've been hearing complaining from people in my life about how they dislike their bodies, can't seem to feel comfortable with themselves, can't seem to find the motivation to exercise.

Well... thats something that can be changed... but you have to be willing to take that first step. So what will it be... success? Or... failure?

It's all in YOUR hands. YOU decide.

I don't know about you but, I choose success.

Til next time,

Karla =)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh dear we are soo much alike!! That is my biggest pet peeve ever! I hate when people complain about something that they have complete control over. I don't want to sound rude so I never say anything but it is very frusterating. You are so amazing and have done such a good job, I'm very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete