When I was done..a.k.a. so horribly out of breath, spasming muscles, face beat red and dripping with sweat... I decided to relax for a bit. So, I was lying down... and I realized I could not even get up. I was extremely stiff, and tremendously sore.
That's what I get for not dancing in a few days to dancing for 3 hours straight.
Good Job Karla.
Anyway, I decided to take an ice bath. I do this sometimes when I'm sore. The Rockette's also do this! The cold water helps loosen up and rejuvenate the muscles.
It's cold and it sucks... but it's worth it. So, I did it. I was sitting in it for about 20 minutes. It was about 45 degrees. It's very, very painful.. but I felt tons better afterward.
I went out last night even though I was not initially planning on it because I was so sore. But, I am glad that I did. It got me up and moving, and it was a good time.
- Something I have noticed lately about my diet is that I am often not hungry. This has been happening since Christmas Eve. I just have had no appetite. Sometimes throughout the day, I feel like I need to force food down just to have energy. I have no inclining to eat at times. Especially in the morning and then again at night. I don't know why. I was thinking it may be because of all the holiday craziness and stress.. but I am not sure.
Because of this, I have dropped a few more pounds. I'm at 152 now. Which is fine, but I would much rather do it the "right way". I'm glad that I'm still dancing and keeping myself fairly toned. I know for sure that I am not losing muscle, which is good.
Hopefully I'll get my appetite back after all the holiday hype. Maybe it's a good thing I am not hungry often because of all the temptations that are around during this time!!
Hope you all are having a good Monday. I have a date tonight. I'm excited. Maybe for once, my Monday won't be so horrible like they usually are! Wouldn't that be nice???
Til next time,
Karla =)

Yay girl! Have a great time on your date! Can't wait to hear all about it! Ha ha! Congrats on your weight! I wish I could lose my appetite for a few days! Have a great night :D
ReplyDeleteAHHHH!!! Keep us posted on date night... :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're having a pretty good day! That ice bath doesn't sound appealing at all but it sounds like it helped a lot. Have fun on your date!
ReplyDeleteIce bath!! I hate being cold. I don't think I have ever exercised hard enough to be sore enough to require that treatment. You are amazing! By the way, I love your photographs!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are strong! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Denise Burks
www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com