Thursday, December 3, 2009

Change

I really don't know how I feel about change. Sometimes, I love it...can't get enough. I feel like I need to constantly change my setting, change my surroundings. Change my look.. change my attitude..

Other times... change is horrible. I want everything to stay the same.

But lately, I have been pretty addicted to change. I feel like I am getting bored with my current situation. Which, is a bad thing because I know deep down in my heart that this is what is right. I need to go to school, I need to get an education. But seeing the Rockette's perform last night at the Rockefeller Xmas tree lighting just further convinces me that THAT is what I want to do. It is what I have always wanted to do. That is where I feel I belong. Up on stage.

I sometimes feel like school gets in the way. Instead of doing what I love to do, I am stuck in front of a computer all day doing homework, writing lesson plans...etc. But.. I muddle through it and long for the weekend where I know I will spend hours upon hours...dancing.


-SO speaking of change. Yesterday, a BIG change happened. My hair was completely chopped off.

Okay not completely chopped off.. but pretty close. It's VERY different and it's really going to have to grow on me. At first, I absolutely loved it. I mean, it was a free haircut because I was modeling it to a hair school. Who could go wrong with a free haircut done by a man who worked with Nick Arrojo from TLC's "What Not to Wear".

He did an amazing job. It's a high fashion haircut though..very modern... which is why I feel like it doesn't suit me. I am more of a plain jane kind of person when it comes to hair. Long.. straight..

And now, it is short.. BUT, it has a shape now, and some volume. It's the "kind of short in the back but longer in the front" look. I also have a "fringe" side bang. At least that's what the guy called it. I have no clue what that means.

So far, some people have told me they don't like it... which was fabulous. But, some people have said it's alright and that they just need to get used to it.


**Today will be a LONG day. I have 2 classes and then I have to teach a math lesson on bar graphs today at 2..... and theeeen tonight is DANCE!!! I haven't been in 2 weeks because of Thanksgiving. I AM SO EXCITED!

***Friday is weigh-in... not so excited for that but I feel like I've eaten really good this week. We'll see.


****Next week is my last week of classes! WOOHOO!! Then I can finally settle down... get this blog back in gear with more recipes.. more dancing. Can't even wait.


Til next time,

Karla =)


Lisa: Best of luck today, I will be thinking about you =) =)

3 comments:

  1. Change is good sometimes :) New haircuts, especially drastic ones can be so scary and hard to get used to! I'm sure it will grow on you though. Just takes time and some commitment to styling it everyday!

    Good luck with your long day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post a picture so we can all see, I bet it looks wonderful :-)

    And definitely follow your dream of dancing because you have talent! Even if the dream is kind of on the side for now, don't let it out of your sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we all want to see your fabulous new haircut!! I bet it's gorgeous! I'm also scared of change too, but sometimes like a break in the day to day humdrum! PS. Congrats on your weight loss - I just read your post after this one!! You are doing amazing!!

    ReplyDelete