Usually, when I come home from school for the weekend, when I come back home on Friday's after teaching the morning, it is never unusual to be greeted by an animal in my yard. I live right across from a farm and sometimes the animals get loose because the fences are really crappy and basically non-existant.
So, it is not unusual for me to drive up the driveway and see 30 cows in my yard.. nor is it unusual to drive up and see goats, chickens, turkeys, coyote, bear, fox, oxen, horses.. you name it. I live on almost 6 acres of land. No neighbors. No nothing.. just a huge farm next door.
So anyway, today... I go up the driveway and was completely startled by a bull. Yes, a real live bull was 2ft from my car. He was in a position that looked like he was about to attack. I was in full blown freakout mode.
For those of you who know nothing about bulls... they can be very dangerous.. OR .. they can be very nice and domesticated. They weigh about a ton.. which is 2000 pounds. Don't ask how I know that... I just have grown up around farms, my ancestors were farmers.. Our family has owned our fair share of farm animals..cows, goats, oxen, chickens, bunnies, horses, etc.
After I screamed and yelled and screamed some more... I decided to calm down because the thing wasn't budging and didn't look like he would attack me anymore. SO..I slowly get my things and open the car door. At first I wasn't quite sure if I should try and make a run for it, or move as slow as possible... but from experience... fast movements aren't the best and usually make things worse. So... I got out of the car very slowly... when I shut the door the big hairy beast jumped. So, I knew it was more scared than I was.
Keep in mind.. this thing was HUGE. Could have totally taken me down.
Anyway... I got closer and closer to it since it was right near where my door was to my house. I put my hand out to it so that he could become familiar with me... and .... I WAS ACTUALLY ABLE TO PET THE DARN THING! AND... I EVEN TOUCHED IT'S HORNS!
I was trembling with fear... but you know what... I DID IT.
I TOUCHED A BULL'S HORNS!
I don't know why I feel so good about that, but... it really does feel great. I feel like it was a sign. A sign that no matter what life throws at me... like having a bull in my driveway, I CAN OVERCOME IT!!
I CAN TAKE THE BULL BY IT'S HORNS!!
Can you??
Til next time,
Karla =)

YOU now can do ANYTHING!
ReplyDelete