Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mrs. Lathrop

I know, I know… I am blogging for the second time today. But, I am doing this more for me.


Today is Mrs. Lathrop’s birthday… she would have been 95 years old.


So, Happy Birthday Mrs. Lathrop!! I know you are up in heaven popping champagne… your favorite drink!


Tonight, I toast to you doll. Love you! =)


You know… I believe that people come in and out of your life for a reason.


A few months ago, when I was going through a rough time with one of my best friends, one of my friends in the blog world introduced me to “reason, season, lifetime”. A poem that I swear by. I thank this blogger from the bottom of my heart for introducing me to this poem. I read it in tough times… especially when Mrs. Lathrop passed. I would read it to make myself feel a bit better.


People come into your life for

a Reason

a Season

or a Lifetime.

When you know which one it is,

you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,

it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

to provide you with guidance and support,

to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend and they are.

They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then,

without any wrongdoing on your part

or at an inconvenient time,

this person will say or do something

to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.

Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met,

our desire fulfilled, their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered

and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,

because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.

They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.

They may teach you something you have never done.

They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it, it is real.

But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,

things you must build upon in order

to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job is to accept the lesson,

love the person

and put what you have learned to use

in all other relationships and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life,

whether you were a Reason, a Season or a Lifetime.


I’m sure you all have had friends. The ones that stick around for a little while... and then something happens and your friendship slowly dissolves. I dealt with that this past summer with one of my best friends. It was tough, but my strong belief in this poem’s message got me through it. She had served her purpose, and the friendship was meant to end. I know that now.


This same message holds true for every person who I have crossed paths with in my life.


That is one thing that I really like about myself. I see good in the bad. I see the best things in the worst things.


For example… I have been hurt in the past by ex boyfriends… mentally, physically, and emotionally. Lots of women have. It’s a horrible truth. But, for me… it has made me stronger. I don’t regret any one that has crossed my path, including those who have hurt me the most. I really have forgiven everyone who has ever hurt me. Because, I see good in it and I don’t let it get to me. Sure, it impacts my life… but in a more positive way. I see it as; even though they hurt me… it was their job to make me a stronger and better person. For that, I am thankful.


As far as Mrs. Lathrop goes… she came into my life for a reason. She was there to teach me how to dance… to teach me obedience, discipline, love. She taught me that practice makes perfect, that there is never an excuse not to practice if dancing is your passion. She taught me that dance is not just about entertaining, it is about releasing your emotions through movement. She taught me the importance of smiling. She taught me to smile even through the rough times… to “smile, though your heart is breaking”.



I am smiling today. Just for you. I love you forever. =)


Til next time,


Karla =)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughtful post KIarla.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post and I LOVE that poem. Mrs. Lathrop is definitely smiling down on you.

    ReplyDelete