Saturday, November 7, 2009

I saw Santa

YEP. I saw Santa today. He was in the mall. I waved to him. =)


I was at the mall with my Mom trying to expand my "teacher" wardrobe. All of my professional clothes are like double digit sizes and they are HUGE on me now. That is the one thing that I hate about large weight fluctuations. You have to get new clothes. Which is fun, but it burns a HUGE hole in my pocket. But today, Mom treated me.. I love her.

So, I am a HEALTHY size 6/8!!! HOLLER!

I WAS SO HAPPY!


So now I've got a few pairs of pants, a few shirts, a few sweaters. It's all good. =)

I didn't weigh in this week because I have a feeling getting on the scale will put a damper on my day. I don't think I lost this week. I don't think I gained either, probably just maintained. But, my head isn't into the whole weighing in thing this week. So, I didn't.

I have had a great weekend so far. Yesterday I felt like a kid again. I was watching my cousin Adam for most of the day after I got back from teaching in the morning. I took him around the farm across the street. Pet some cows, goats... no bulls though haha.

We ran through the corn, we jumped on the trampoline, we played soccer and football, we ran and ran and ran some more. I didn't feel like I was going to die of exhaustion. I never felt like I had to stop and catch my breath. It was like old times, I was a kid again with energy. And, that felt great. =)

As I went to drive him home, I needed to stop and get gas. There is one station in town that pumps your gas for you. These poor guys stand in the cold and wait for cars to come so that they can pump your gas. Anyway.... I pull up and tell the poor guy what I wanted. He puts the pump in and comes back to the window. He leans on it... and starts blatantly hitting on me. He didn't even notice that I had a 4 year old kid in a car seat in the back. Finally....when he started to get real personal and creepy with me... like asking me my name and if I was free that night... I said. ... "UMM I don't give my name out to strangers.. and actually I'm taking my son out to dinner tonight.. so unfortunately I'm all booked up!!" Boy did he shut right up. The last thing he said to me was, "cute kid". HAhahahaa... that made my day!!!!! =)


Well-- I am off to Massachusetts until tomorrow afternoon. Will blog tomorrow about my trip. Have a great weekend all!

Til tomorrow-

Karla =)

No comments:

Post a Comment