Sunday, November 8, 2009

My whole word just came crashing down

I am back from Massachusetts. I loved seeing my friends, and everything was going well until I got a call from my Mom.

My dance teacher, my inspiration, my reason for dancing... has passed away.


I am crushed, heart broken, numb.


So far, nothing can console me. I am a complete mess. She was my everything. My reason for wanting to pursue a life as a Rockette. My reason for continuing with dance. My reason for staying strong during tough times. My mentor, my idol, my role model. I look up to her. She is beautiful, amazing.. and everything that I want to be.

I wrote a letter. A letter to her. Things I wish I could have told her. I will post it here later tonight. As far right now, I need to be with my family....my Aunt and Mom who cared for her just as much as I did.

RIP Mrs Lathrop.. I love you so much.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing testimony though to love someone so much, who brought you inspirtion and motivation. Don't let those dreams that were birthed by her life, die along side of her. YOU have this dream, that has become your own.

    I will be praying for you as you go through the greiving process. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... i'm so sorry.. i know how close one can get to dance teachers.. it really is like family and you really loved her, hurting sucks and i'm praying that it'll be God that wipes your tears away... in the meantime, dance... sending you much love across the oceans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo sorry I did not see this til now. My heart goes out to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete