No dance class tonight. The lights are dim. But, our star is shining so bright above us, I know it =)
So, I came home tonight. I'm still very shaken by the death of my dance teacher and I decided I needed to be with my Mom and my family. I was going to stay at school, but feel better now that I am at home.
When I came into my room, I noticed that my Mom had gotten a bulletin for me. It was the bulletin from Mrs. Lathrop's funeral. The inside told you exactly how the funeral was going to proceed. On the very front was this anonymous quote and was always her philosophy on life, so I decided I just HAD to share this with all of you. This is an amazing quote and something I too, try to live by every day. If there is anything you should read in this entire post, it's this quote.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, let me know what YOU think!
Attitude:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is...we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the inevitable...The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it."
-Author unknown
That pretty much sums up everything that I believe in about life. We have CHOICE!! Isn't it brilliant?? We have the choice to let something make or break ourselves! We have the choice to have a bad attitude, or to RISE ABOVE and have a good attitude about things. You know....that BEING STRONG thing that I talk about... that's all about keeping a positive attitude even when the going gets rough.
I can choose to let Mrs. Lathrop's death kill me slowly, bring me down, make me lose hope...
OR
I can choose to let her death bring me more motivation, determination, and ambition to live out my OWN dreams!
It's all on HOW you look at it and HOW you choose to DEAL with the cards that are YOU are DEALT.
Sure, you can dwindle on the past... you can feel sorry for yourself... you can pout about the inevitable....
OR...
You can RISE ABOVE. Stay STRONG. Keep PUSHING. NEVER GIVE UP.
Life is ALL ABOUT your attitude.
So what will it be folks?
How will you react to the sh*t that is thrown at you during this crazy thing called...life.
Til next time,
Karla =)

Thank you for that. GOD I needed to hear that!
ReplyDeleteThank you thank you thank you thank you!