The funeral home was packed. There was a line out the door. People were not fitting in the place. Now, when that happens... you just know, she was such an incredible woman.
From the day she was born, to the day she died... she was always beautiful. I only wish I will be as beautiful and peaceful as she was laying in her casket. She looked amazing, like she was only sleeping.

This picture is Virginia Lathrop and her husband, Mack Lathrop. Isn't she gorgeous?
She has taught me to believe in my dreams. Dreams are such powerful things. At just 16, she herself had a dream. She went for it... and by 17 she was dancing on Broadway and eventually moved on into Vaudeville. Look at where her dreams brought her... she met the love of her life, was successful in her own dance career, traveled the world, and opened up her own dance school. If it wasn't for her dream, for her ambition.... I would have never started dancing.
And... dancing has changed my life. I don't know what I would have done without it.
So... really.... I owe Mrs. Lathrop everything.
I have decided. From this day forward, I have made a promise to myself, and to Mrs. Lathrop as I knelt by her body tonight.
I will follow my dreams. I will try. I will do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true. She wanted me to try out for the Rockette's..
. and so... I will. If I make it, wonderful! If I don't, that's okay too. Because she and I both will know that I gave 110%. And that, I tried.
She made it. She did it. She lived the life. Maybe that kind of life just isn't in the books for me... who knows. But at least I know that she gave me the ambition and motivation to believe in my dreams, to go for my dreams... to reach the stars.
So, the lights were dim on the stage tonight, the lights were dim on Broadway... but the sky has one more star that is shining so brightly. I can actually see it right now outside my window. She is smiling down on us. She will always live on in me. She will always remain my inspiration for dancing. I will never forget all that she taught me. Her legacy lives on inside of me and every time I take the stage... I hope to continue to make her smile, make her proud.
I love you Mrs. Lathrop. I know you and Mack are continuing the dance you once started up in Heaven. Love to you both.
** On a happier note.. I have decided to get a tattoo. You know, it's funny... Mrs. Lathrop always made the dancers cover up any visible tattoo's for the dance recital. She didn't really like tattoo's much. But... I have always wanted one. I told myself that one day, I would get one in her memory. So, I have decided to get the word, "Stardust" tattooed on my foot. Mrs. Lathrop loved stars, and every year for 58 years, our recital has been called, the "Stardust Revue"

. My dance class is the top class in our school, we are called the, "Stardusters". And the song that all of the high school seniors dance to every year to open up the show is the song, "Stardust"
So, I figured, the word "stardust" on my foot, would be a great tribute to her. I don't know when to get it, I just know that I will get it. I can't wait. It is something I will have to forever remember her. =)
I'm sorry my posts have been so sad and depressing lately. This woman was such a huge part of my life and this week has been tough. Thank you for the support =)
Til next time,
Karla =)

Hi Karla....YOUR POSTS ARE FINE
ReplyDeleteSomes days are more difficult than others. I love this post and the
beauty you put into it
Hugs
Linda
Hi Karla! Sorry to hear about your dance instructors passing- I know she was an important role model for you. I am sure you will make her proud when you audition for the Rockettes! Live for your dreams reach for the stars : )
ReplyDelete