I got to see my Uncle whom I have only seen once in 4 years. It was nice to see him again. He is my Dad's brother. My Dad did have 2 brothers and one sister. But, when my Dad was young, his youngest brother died at 17 years old. I've heard that my family hasn't been right since. But, I never met that Uncle... nor knew my family before he passed.
Anyway... my Uncle has a permanent back injury that makes it hard for him to walk...or even stand for that matter. His strength to get up and face the day everyday amazes me. I can tell he is in quite a lot of pain. Unfortunately, during back surgery... the surgeon made a mistake and my Uncle's back will never be the same. My Uncle sued and got some money for it... but that doesn't make up for never being able to be himself ever again.
He was once addicted to pain killers and a few other things. He is now clean. I am very proud of him. He quit cold turkey.
I got to see his son (my cousin) too. We were close at one point but have gone our separate ways since high school and do not keep in touch much. So, it was nice to visit with him.
Then I spent the day with one of my roommates. We took pictures all afternoon... because we are dorks. =)
I didn't get many good shots at all... but she did. She is so good at what she does. She can work wonders with a camera. Sometimes I will get a decent shot here and there...but I must say... my talents are on stage =)
After our photo session... we went out to Eli's .. a bar in her town. It was fun. I am not the bar type. But, it was pretty nice to get out and meet new people. A man came up to us and offered to buy us drinks. That was the first time that has ever happened to me. It was awkward... but I must say... I was a little flattered! We kindly declined. But it definitely boosted my self esteem.
OH.. and .. I weighed myself today. I weigh the same. WOOHOO!! I didn't over do it. I didn't gain. =D
AND... I like someone. Who knows what will come of it. I doubt anything will. And that really doesn't matter either. It's just nice to talk to this person and hang out. Haha, I kind of feel like a 16 year old saying that. Oh well.
Til next time,
Karlaaaa =)

Haha, i know what you mean about feeling 16 again. I currently have 2 guys who seem interested (texting/calling/asking for dates etc) and I have to admit I really like the attention. I really am not looking to date again so soon, but it's a lot of fun and a good distraction from the guy!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this new adventure!! I can't wait to hear about it.
ALSO congrats on the maintenance over the holiday!!
I'm glad you got to spend quality time with your uncle and cousin.
ReplyDeleteNice job on the weigh in! No gain is always a great victory!
Haha I love that you said, "I like someone". It's so fun to feel like a teenager "in love" again isn't it? I hope things work out for the better there :-)