You know... music is everything to me. There isn't one second that goes by where I am not listening to music. Except for when I am teaching or in class of course! Otherwise, you can pretty much guarantee that I am listening to music.
Carrie's music is really fun. She is not your typical "American Idol". She has created a name for herself besides being one of the "American Idol's". Her slower songs are real good songs for lyrical dancing. Her faster songs are good for the car. All of her songs have such powerful meaning and I feel like they are so easy to relate to.
So, one of her songs on the album is called "Play On" (also the album title). The lyrics are inspiring to me. Especially after a stressful morning this morning, listening to the song helped me to regain some strength... something that a lot of people wrote about today in their blogs I noticed. So here are the lyrics... just a few..
What you're gonna do when the show is over
What you're gonna sing when the song ends
How you're gonna cope when there is no closure
Where you're gonna reach when the goal gets higher
How you're gonna make it through
When you think you lost the chance
Play on
When you're losing the game
Play on
'Cause you're gonna make mistakes
It's always worth to sacrifice
Even when you think you're wrong
So play on
Play on
Even when the flood gates swing wide open
Never let the currents sink you down, no
Even when you're not sure where you're going
Swimming through the mess and you can't get out
Just going through the motions, and trying not to drown
Play on
When you're losing the game
Play on
'Cause you're gonna make mistakes
It's always worth to sacrifice
Even when you think you're wrong
So play on
Play on
What you're gonna sing when the song ends
How you're gonna cope when there is no closure
Where you're gonna reach when the goal gets higher
How you're gonna make it through
When you think you lost the chance
Play on
When you're losing the game
Play on
'Cause you're gonna make mistakes
It's always worth to sacrifice
Even when you think you're wrong
So play on
Play on
Even when the flood gates swing wide open
Never let the currents sink you down, no
Even when you're not sure where you're going
Swimming through the mess and you can't get out
Just going through the motions, and trying not to drown
Play on
When you're losing the game
Play on
'Cause you're gonna make mistakes
It's always worth to sacrifice
Even when you think you're wrong
So play on
Play on
Basically.... DON'T GIVE UP!! NEVER GIVE IN!!
We were all blessed with this beautiful thing called "TOMORROW". Aren't we so lucky to have "tomorrow's"?
Tomorrow: A chance to right the wrongs, dot our i's, cross our t's, live for the moment, make new.
Keep holding on. Never let go. You are strong.
What a beautiful thing hope is. Don't we always have hope that tomorrow will be a better day? Don't we hope for things all the time. I know I rely on hope. How else would I get by in my day? I am always hoping for the best. For change. For something new, exciting. I have hope that I will reach my 30 pound goal by January 13, 2010. I have hope that one day, I will be a Radio City Rockette. I have hope that one day, I will find my true happiness. I have hope in tomorrow and all the tomorrow's to come.
Do you have hope?
Do you have hope for tomorrow?
Play on.
Til next time,
Karla =)

No comments:
Post a Comment