I saw the Rockette's last night!!!!! They were AMAZING as always!! Here is the rundown on how the day went.
FIRST- We all got lost on the way to the train station. Probably because I was driving and I have no sense of direction what so ever. Oh well. So.. we finally found the right station and boarded the train.. here is a picture of all three of us (all roommates).
Then... once we got into NYC I got my sense of direction back. THANK GOODNESS. Thankfully, as a child... I went to NYC all the time with my Dad. My Dad is a huge city guy... he loves NYC and my Mom and brother do not. So, he and I would go together. I have some very good memories of us walking around NYC. Thanks to him, I know my way around pretty well and I never had to use a map. I was so proud of myself =)
So first we walked over to 5th Avenue to check out the Christmas decorations. Of course... they put a huge banner around the Rockafeller xmas tree and even put drapes in front of the windows at Saks. I was sad. But, my roommate and I took a picture in front of the drapes anyway!

From there, we went down 5th Avenue to F.A.O. Schwartz. I took a picture with the "guards" who stand in front of the store all day. They were hilarious!

Then from the store, we went to Central Park to take some pictures. We decided to even put my camera on a timer so we could get a shot of all 4 of us. My 2 roommates, me, and my friend Mike.
I even saw a bus with the Rockette's plastered all over it. Wouldn't it be neat if that were me on there one day???? =)
So, I ran into Naked Cowboy again. This guy is NUTS! It was pretty cold out and he is walking around in his underwear. I didn't go over to him because he creeps me out... but he is a huge Times Square icon!
Dinner was at Mars 2112. It was AWESOME! We went into the restaurant and had to go on a roller coaster simulator to get into the place. We boarded a "space shuttle" and it took us for a 5 minute ride. I was so glad that I had an empty stomach because it was one hell of a trip! The shuttle shakes and goes up and down and sideways and jerks you around... it was nuts.. but so much fun! When we finally got to "Mars", all the waiters were aliens.. haha
So after that adventure.. I wanted so badly to get a picture in front of Radio City. SO of course I posed like a Rockette for the picture.. I am so lame!
This is the star that goes on the top of the Rockafeller Christmas tree. They have it out for display before they put it on the tree in a few days. It was beautiful and so cool to see close up!
At Radio City, when we got in to see the show... they had a "Take a picture with a world famous Radio City Rockette" thing going on. I took a picture of her. It was $20 to get a picture with her and since I already have a photo of me and a Rockette and since I have worked with the Rockette's before.. I figured it wasn't worth the $20! She is so beautiful though!

Isn't the theater absolutely breath taking? Yikes, just looking at this makes my heart go crazy. Right before the show opens, there are 2 organists that play. They play the same thing at the same time....such talent. They were phenomenal.
Reindeer!
12 Days of Christmas! (I knew this choreo because of the Rockette course I took at Radio City in the summer!!)
You know... going to this show again and again each year really reminds me why I have wanted to be a Rockette my whole entire life. It also reminds me how much fun I know I would have doing it. One day...
Radio City better be ready for ME!
Thanks for reading!
Til next time,
Karla =)



Karla
ReplyDeleteWhat great photos. I love your enthusiam! I hope you make it to the Rockettes!
Linda
Looks like you had sooo much fun! I've never been to NYC but it looks wonderful, I hope to visit sometime. LOVE that video too! How cool :-)
ReplyDelete