Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Passion

So yesterday, shortly after I posted about how good life is, I was inspired to write yet another post, so I am posting this now.


**First let me just say… In no way shape or form was I trying to “boast” about my life and how fantastic it is at this very moment. I hope none of my readers got the wrong idea by yesterdays post. Really, the post was for me more than anything. To be able to read my own words saying, “LIFE IS GOOD” is something that I have not been able to do within the past couple of years. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I just can’t believe how smoothly things are going. I am able to deal with bumps in the road much easier than I have in the past. I gain a few pounds… and then work hard to lose it again. I get knocked down, and I get back up again. These are things that I would have never been able to do about 1 year ago. So, life is good.



Okay. So here is what inspired me.


Yesterday, at the end of my post… I wrote a little note about my friend, Eric, who recently re-started his blog. He mainly discusses our current economic situation here in America and how it affects our day-to-day lives. But yesterday, his post was about passion. Passion is one of my favorite things to talk about because I have it…in truckloads. So much so, that sometimes…I think I am nuts. But in all seriousness... this is a post you all must read. Go read it!


After I read his post… I talked with him about it. I told him how I was always told I have too much passion and too many crazy dreams. I was often lead to believe that I was insane for having such crazy and maybe “hard to reach” dreams. And I don’t think Eric would mind if I quoted from him… I don’t have the direct quote, but it was basically something like this...



“There is no such thing as a crazy dream… what’s crazy is not trying to achieve them”



How true is that?


Well... in my eyes...he hit the nail right on the head. I only wish he was around when I needed to hear that the most. When I was in high school, dreaming of attending NYU, dreaming of going to auditions in NYC, dreaming of one day becoming a Rockette.


But… it isn’t too late. It’s not too late because I still have the passion…I still have the drive… the desire…the hunger… to at least try.


And really, even if I never get to be a Rockette, just like Eric mentions he never got his dream of becoming a rock star… that is not what matters. What matters is, that dream…that hope…that experience… has taught us what it means to be truly passionate.


Dancing and music is my passion. And no matter if I am a Rockette in the future or not… that passion will always stick with me.


And for me, well… that is even better than becoming a Rockette…and there isn’t much that is better than becoming a Rockette in my book!!



Til next time,


Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I think it's awesome that you wrote this today.

    I've been in a rut. A nasty one. As I'm sure you've noticed :) But last night I taught class. And the whole time I was dancing around, and singing the songs, and yelling at my participants to give me all they got. And it was so uplifting and it just felt...like I was home.

    And it's that passion that I have found I need to hold on to. I absolutely love teaching those classes, because my passion for them spreads to other people and other areas of my life.

    Thanks for writing about this. I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. We are so alike sometimes it's a little scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right. It is NOT to late for you to chase your dreams! Go for it girl! :)

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, it would be a BLAST!! :) Thanks for the encouragement and for always being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so inspiring. Thank you! There are times that our dreams and our passions are all we have. I'm a big believer in the fact that you can do anything you put your mind to. I believe that one day you will become a Rockette and I can't wait to see the day :-)

    ReplyDelete