Monday, November 23, 2009

How has weight loss changed me?

Sheila over at One Pretty Little Box is asking her readers a very thought provoking question that will now turn into the topic of my post today.

How has weight loss changed me?

Wow. That is a very good question and I believe I have talked about it many times on here before. But, I will organize it and make it real clear for you right now.

Besides the fact that weight loss has DRASTICALLY changed how I eat...It has changed my outlook on life... my dreams... and my personality.


Outlook on life before weight loss: Life is shit. I try on 15-25 outfits a day. I am a size 14-16. Nothing fits. Nothing hangs right. I look horrible everyday. Everyday is a "fat" day. I was feeling sorry for myself. I was wallowing in self pity and ice cream. I never want this to be me ever again.

Outlook on life after weight loss: So this is what life really feels like. I put on ONE outfit and wear it the whole day. I am a size 6-8. Things fit and are sometimes too loose. Things DO hang right. I look good everyday. Everyday is not a "fat" day... although some days are. I have my ups and downs. I do NOT feel sorry for myself. I do not wallow in self pity...and I only wallow in ice cream once in a while.. not everyday... and it isn't because I am feeling sorry for myself.. it's because I am allowing myself to indulge once in awhile!

My Dreams before weight loss: Non-existant. Haha.. what dreams? I knew that they were totally unachievable.

My Dreams after weight loss: I want to be a Radio City Rockette, and I know that that is achievable if I work really hard at it and lose these last few pounds. =)
My Personality before weight loss: I never wanted to go anywhere. Never wanted to be in public. I had been thin my whole life and then got to college and blew up. College was supposed to be fun...I was hating it. Spent nights in... alone... a lot. I was very introverted. Kept a lot of stuff to myself. I was never open with who I was because I didn't like who I was. I never met new people because I was not confident. I had a horrible outlook on life and therefore people got bad vibes from me.

My Personality after weight loss: I actually WANT to go out. Weird! I would like to go out and do more things. I feel like I have to make up for lost time. Now that I actually want to go out, I am stuck inside doing nothing a lot of the time because people have come to know me as the one who never wants to do anything. So no one asks... this is frustrating. I am trying to change this. I am meeting new people! WOW! People actually want to be friends with me! Haha.. I am much more confident! I have self esteem! I have an awesome outlook on life and therefore give off good vibes to people...I HOPE!

And after all that... of course there is one thing I am missing... another obvious one...

I am a better dancer because of the weight loss. =)



So there you have it. That is how much I have changed. Crazy!


And here is a dance video. This is just a silly dance I made up. Too much spinning, but I like spinning! It is just a little snipet. I am dancing around at home in my living room with very limited space. I would love to take video of me actually in a room with space! Haha.

ANNND.. my head is chopped off through most of the whole thing.. which is probably better because my hair is stuck to my face anyway!


Until next time,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! The written, and the dancin! Rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL :)

    Keep on dancing girl. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such an amazing job! Keep up the good work and that dance was incredible!

    ReplyDelete