Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend in review =)

Had a pretty good weekend. Went by too quickly, like most weekends do.

Saturday, Scott and I came to my house to play with my 4 year old cousin for a few hours. We went sledding with him and his 5 year old cousin (whom I am not related to). It was crazy how much energy both of them had. Scott was awesome with them. Scott had just as much energy as they did, and they both enjoyed having Scott around. My cousin wanted to go down the hill with Scott each time. I only went down with my cousin once! But, I am glad that he likes Scott so much.

Yesterday was full of taking pictures. Scott and I went hiking and then went to a park. After that, Scott, Scott's brother, Scott's friend, and I went off-roading. That was fun. I had been off-roading before several times, but this was probably the most fun I have ever had. I got some decent pictures too.

Below: the moon!! obviously!
Below: Scott's brother trying to get the Jeep to fit between 2 trees
Below: Scott, on a cliff that we hiked up.
Below: Scott... isn't he so handsome? =)
Below: Scott again, I didn't even have to ask him to pose this time. He just knows! ;-)


So now it's Monday again. I am still feeling down about school. I know I have to finish, but it feels like school stands in the way of all the things I really want out of life. Things are changing, I want to do so much more with my life. But, this means, taking up more majors in school. I have this strong urge to become a Speech Pathologist and even work with Special Education students. That is why it is important that I get through my bachelor's degree so that I can take classes in grad school for those two things.

I also again wish I was still doing more with dance. I'd love to find a job as a dance teacher, but that is hard since I have no experience in any other dance school but my own. I would also love to change schools to one that is closer to my house. I would love to commute, and be able to do more with dance or join a dance team.

Those ideas are bouncing around in my head for now. Maybe a few of them will become reality... but for now... I really need to focus in on what is important, which is school. I am really pushing myself to keep going with it. It's a struggle.. but once I get through the week, I do feel like all my hard work has paid off.

Bad news: I have gained a few pounds again. Only 2. But still.. this whole "maintaining" thing is just so annoying. If only I could just stay the same weight. But, I guess weight just constantly fluctuates. Some weeks I'm up a few pounds, and other weeks, I'm down a few pounds. Oh well. As long as the 30 pounds doesn't come back, I'm cool with being up 2 pounds.

All for now.

Keep smiling,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about those couple of pounds. They'll be gone before you know it. I feel the same way about maintaining sometimes.

    I *almost* pursued a 2nd Master's in Speech Pathology. I love the field and wish I had the drive to go back to school. Someday maybe......

    Is there a dance team at your university? Perhaps you could look into starting one!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm you forgot to mention the BEST part of your weekend which was obviously at 1:00am on Saturday night. Slash Sunday morning. But you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha amanda!! Yes, the single ladies dance surprise was AWESOME! =)

    ReplyDelete