I went to go see that movie last night with S. I have read the book, by Nicholas Sparks and couldn't wait to see the movie once I found out that it was coming out. It looked like a total chick flick, but S said that he didn't have a problem going to see it with me. There are plenty of other people that want to see it with me too, and I can't wait to go and see it again.
Yep, I liked the movie that much.
Why?
Simple.
The girl in the movie (and in the book) reminds me of me. The good girl, raised by her mother and father who were well off. She was raised in the country, on a farm. She always does things for others to make others happy and rarely thinks about her own happiness. For spring break, she helped a family rebuild a house that they had lost in a hurricane.
Much like me, she puts her happiness aside for the sake of others.
Until she meets a guy who changes her life...at least for a little while. She is introduced to her own happiness. She realizes that she too can be happy.
He is your typical "bad boy". Got into a few fights as a teenager, grew apart from his father, and had no mother figure in the home. The army is what changed his life and turned him into a man.
The two met... and it was like a match made in heaven. The match that every little girl hopes to find... the fairytale type match that ends with a happily ever after. The once in a lifetime match that is so rare and so little couples actually have that.
It took them 2 weeks to fall in love... and they stayed in love. She was curious. Always asking questions about John's life. Always wanted to know more and more about him. He was quiet, never really saying much. But for some reason, she brought out the best in him and he was able to make her happy. They both had something to give to each other.
That whole beginning half of the movie basically describes me...and my relationship with S. I have always been that girl that makes others happy. I put off my own happiness to see others smile. Seeing others happy and seeing others smile makes me whole. It's a good feeling. I feel like I have done something right. I often always sacrifice my own happiness for the sake of others.
It wasn't until I met S... that I realized just how truly happy I can be. I never thought something like this would happen. I never really believed in "love at first sight" and I know that all of this sounds really corny. But, I can't believe how head over heels I am for this guy. We've both been through a lot in life and we both have so much to learn from each other. We are so alike, yet so different that we balance each other out.
I never thought I could feel this way towards someone. I never thought it would happen so quickly. I have never fallen for someone this fast. So, who knows what will turn out of this. I have no timelines. I'm not rushing. I'm still young. I don't want to rush into a good thing. But what I know is that I have never been so happy with someone before in my life. I don't have to be fake around him, I can be me. He accepts me for who I am. I am so, so, so lucky.
It scares me that I have such strong feelings for S so soon. People keep telling me, "this is just the honeymoon stage, this is how you are supposed to feel". But I don't know... I feel like it is much more than that.
It doesn't matter what other people think anyway. That was my New Years resolution and I have done pretty well with keeping it.
What matters is that I am finally happy... after years and years and years of trying to find happiness. I have found it. I know I have. And, I'm just going to go with it, because I like where things are at right now... as far as my relationship with S goes. School is another story. But I am working on that.
S has been a God send. Something that I needed. He believes in me, he is there for me, he supports me. He brings out the best in me. When I am with him, I feel like a kid again. I feel alive. How crazy does that sound?
So yes... after about only a month or so of being with S.... I now have three loves.
Dance, Photography... and him.
Keep Smiling,
Karla =) =) =)

Awww....so glad to hear things are going so well, especially with S. I've been with C for almost a 1.5 years and I think we'll be in that honeymoon stage for the rest of our lives. :o)
ReplyDelete