Friday, February 19, 2010

TGIF!

It's Friiiiiiiday! My weekend has officially begun. I love not having any classes on Friday's.

Today I will be finishing up some homework, and then try to focus on doing more choreography for the "Hide and Seek" dance that I have been trying to choreograph. I am not the best choreographer because a lot of my moves repeat. I need to go out and find new, fresh stuff. Youtube is a God send for that. I use Youtube a lot to find moves that I never new existed, and to brush up on moves that I already know.

It took a lot for me to post the video that I posted yesterday. I am not used to that style of dance. I am not used to the lyrical and slow style of dancing. In my dance class (for the past 18 years) I have only just brushed upon lyrical dancing. So, it's definitely pretty rough and not clean yet at all.

Improv is also real hard for me. You are trying to feel the music, and match your moves to the music, and keep thinking of new moves in your head...all while trying not to fall over. Especially if your me. I fall over just by standing still and having the wind blow.

Tap is my true style of dance. The only style of dance that I can say I have actually excelled and done well in. Second to that would be jazz. I feel pretty confident about my skills in jazz. But, tap dancing is definitely my forte, the style of dance I feel most comfortable in, the reason why someday, I want to be a Rockette!


Okay so now... I am going to post the poem that I wrote yesterday that I was talking about. It's a true/not true story about how I fell for Scott. It's about the fact that Scott is not perfect, he's no prince charming... no guy is. BUT.. that is what I love about him. And so... here it is.

January Something…

A black saab with three

Black painted rims

Picked her up one cold winters night.

The low, rumbling engine sounds came flying

Through her bedroom window.

She fluffs her hair,

Smoothes out the wrinkles in her dress,

And opens the door before her prince has a chance to knock.

An anxious voice apologizes for being 17 minutes late.

She smiles.


No mention of her new dress,

Blue to match his eyes.

She gently wraps her right arm around his left,

And the boy escorts his princess to his chariot.

Forgetting to open her car door, he never did master chivalry.

The restaurant was a 38 minute drive away,

But they only drove for 12.

A crater swallows the wheel of their chariot.

On the side of the road,

While the boy mends his steed,

She smiles.


Shivering cold on the street curb,

Goes unnoticed, as he tends to his wheel,

Forgetting to remove his jacket for her warmth.

Though sitting, frozen on the curb,

She smiles.


He looked at her,

And while pausing to wipe the sweat out of his eyes,

He smiles.


They never made it out that day.


But one year later,

Staring at a dainty diamond ring,

Uncut, unaccustomed,

She smiles,

Remembering the day they fell in love.




Keep Smiling,

Karla =) =) =)

2 comments:

  1. Love the poem and LOVE all the new pics of you! You are such a beauty~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youtube is amazing for finding new steps! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete