Monday, February 8, 2010

Still feeling low...

I had a good weekend. S spent the weekend at my house and we went out to Sherwood Island to take pictures on Sunday. It was a fun time even though it was really cold. I am really getting into photography, more than I thought I ever would. It is much like dancing... it helps me get away...escape into another world. It's great. =)

Here are some of my pictures.



Below.. you can see the Empire State Building from the Island we were on.









Superbowl was pretty fun. My family always has a party with tons of food and tons to drink. I had a good time. Although, I definitely ate too much.

I have gained a few pounds since break ended which I am not too happy about. I'm focusing on how I can workout here at school and also trying to eat healthier foods since portioning doesn't seem to be the issue because I eat very little throughout the day.



I am still down though. After the weekend and getting my mind off things, I am back at school, back in the dorm, and back to thinking about things. Thinking about Mrs. Lathrop and how much I miss her. Thinking about what I am doing here, confined to these four walls around me. What am I doing here at this school?

Why am I not in NYC chasing my dream and doing what I love to do?


That is all I want. Someday... my wish, my dream, my desire.... will come true.

It will.



til next time,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are down. Maybe if you take a step back and look at all the good things going on you can remember why you are doing what you are doing.

    Don't sweat the pounds mentally. Get up and get to dancing and sweat them off for real :) You're gonna be just fine.

    You have so many amazing things going for you. Don't let that negative Karla get her claws in you. Keep happy and excited for life Karla in charge!

    And your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it feels like to feel stuck at school...that's how I felt in FL alllll the time. But don't worry...get out, go for a drive, a walk, or you know, dance to Hide and Seek, haha. :) Smile!
    <3 Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a much better week. Remember there is always a silver lining, we just have to reach down deep to find it sometimes.

    About the weight gain, the most important thing to remember is that YOU lost 30 lbs.!!! I know you can lose those 3 lbs., just keep doing what you have been doing and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete