Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wanted: Jeans that FIT

Long before I started my weight loss journey... long before I lost 30 pounds...

I was a young college student who was walking around with a ton of extra baggage. Both physically and emotionally. I was eating my way through a long relationship that was going sour. I was walking around campus in jeans that were size 14. AKA... the biggest size jean I had ever worn. This might seem average to some people... but I was a dancer. I was not supposed to be walking around in a size 14 jean. I was supposed to fit in... tall and slender... like all the other dancers I knew.

Now... I have lost the 30 pounds and even a few pounds more. I am up to 33 pounds lost...and I've kept it off! Woohoo!

So now... I am a little bit older, still in college... and walking around in a size 6/8 jeans. But I just have one major problem.

NO STORE IN THE WORLD MAKES JEANS THAT FIT MY BODY TYPE!


Like... now that I've lost weight... I have lost most of my "tummy" and I have a very small waist.

BUT... I have HUGE, and thankfully MUSCULAR legs that are fortunately very toned and "dancer-ish" looking. FINALLY!

Although, this does not help me with fitting into jeans. I could put on a size 8 jean and have it fit great around my legs and be HUGE around my waist.

So I go down a size, to a size 6... and sometimes they will be so tight around my thighs and just fitting right around my waist.

Belts have become my new best friend. Too bad I left my one and only belt at school so that when I went out last night, I kept having to pull my pants up every 5 seconds. You know, those pants that you can take off without unzippering or unbuttoning them. Which, sounds great maybe to some people. But it gets SO annoying.


Does anyone else have this problem?


My main stores for jeans are New York and Company and Gap. Although Gap is notorious for the whole "big around the waist, tight around the legs" deal.


So. I am on a quest. A hunt. A journey. To find the right pair of jeans for my body. Jeans that fit me like a glove. That is my mission. I'll update you on how that works out for me. It seems as though this is going to be quite the journey.

=)


Keep smiling,

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. There's a website called "My Shape" at http://www.myshape.com/

    You can fill in all your measurements and they will suggest clothing, including jeans, that should fit you. I actually have never bought anything from them, but it might help you figure out which brands to try.

    BTW, I just found your website, and am enjoying reading it. Good luck on your quest for jeans that fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we must find these jeans together, because i can never find the right size either.....although im not a size 6/8...but for nyc the waist is always perfect, but the legs are always too big...and the butt area, fuck it....old navy sometimes works for me, and it's rare when I can find a jean that fits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. in order for us to find the perfect jean they have to be designed for us......maybe if we can scrounge up $10000000 dollars then we can get a few pairs lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl....you are up so freakin early in the morning. you posted this at 712 am?? are you insane???
    <3 connie
    p.s.- amen to the jeans thing.

    ReplyDelete