Monday, February 1, 2010

KFC and my weekend


Weekends go by so incredibly fast, it's kind of ridiculous.

I spent the entire weekend with "S". It was nice. He is an amazing guy, a hard worker, and is so good to me. It is so nice to have someone to talk to, to count on. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, and my roommates... but a relationship with someone is just... different.

It has only been a short time, but we have both opened up to each other and everything feels so right. I haven't been this happy in a long time. Yes, we have our disagreements, debates, and typical couple things like that. It's what is making us stronger.

I wasn't expecting things to be going as well as they are. But, I'm not complaining and I hope we continue to thrive as a couple. I am just happy to be with him and to see where things lead.


"S" met my 4 year old cousin, Adam, on Saturday. We took him out for ice cream and played outside for as long as we could stand the frigid weather. "S" and Adam got along great! I was so happy. It was an awesome time because Adam means so much to me. He is kind of like a child of my own, he brings out the "kid" in me. So it was important that "S" met him, and I'm glad that he did.

I met S's grandparents the other day. They made us lasagna. They are Italian so the meal was SO good!! I think they liked me. I hope they did, because I liked them a lot. They were very welcoming which was nice because I have had bad experiences in the past with meeting relatives of my past BF's.


Now onto the "KFC" part of this post.


I live in a small town in Connecticut. I live about 15-20 minutes from any kind of fast food restaurant... and before college, I had never been to a Dairy Queen or even Dominoes Pizza. And I definitely had never been to KFC.

That changed on Saturday night. S took me to KFC for the very first time. He ordered me this...
It looks kind of gross. It's mashed potatoes, corn, popcorn chicken, and grated cheese.

Now... most of you who read my blog must know that I am not a fast food kind of girl. I don't eat fast food. I used to eat it a lot before I started WW... but since starting WW one year ago, I have only had fast food twice.

Let me tell you.... I was hoping to HATE this mashed potato concoction. Sadly.... I LOVED IT. IT WAS SO GOOD!!

Though, I will not be running back to KFC anytime soon for another one... but I definitely would order this again if I needed food in a hurry.



But let me also inform all you bloggers out there.... that small bowl of mashed potatoes, chicken, cheese, and corn.... is ..... (drumroll please)


710 calories and 261 calories from fat!!!!! YIKES!


Let that simmer in your head for a little while!

Alright... all for now..


til next time-

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. I honestly have never had one of those but my heart secretly has desired to try one. Simply because I LOVE mashed potatoes and fried chicken together.

    *sigh* I'll keep it in my 'maybe someday when you're stronger' basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though that looks good, I luckily don't like food mixed together. My parents used to ask if I had a separate stomach for each item of food I ate. LOL

    4 year olds are absolutely adorable! I'm glad S got to meet someone that's such a big part of your life. Sounds like you had a great time with his grandparents too.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes is right! But, every once in awhile its nice to splurge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never had kfc until summer last year! I think they put something really addictive in that chicken because I always thought it looked gross! Gladly I am now avoiding it like the plague! So glad you are happy with S! And I'm sure his grandparents loved you!!

    ReplyDelete