Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh No!!

I didn't blog yesterday!

Why you ask?

My day was so boring, there was nothing to talk about.



**So here are the plus and minus's of life as I know it right now.


-TOO much rain/mud
+ I ran and jumped in puddles with Scott yesterday! SO FUN!
+ Game night was fun last night
- Ate too much last night
- I'm tired all the time
- I'm not dancing...at all
- Too much homework
- I don't like my classes..
- I miss dancing all the time
- I miss Mrs. Lathrop
- I lost my Grandmother's high school class ring (ugh...)
+ I have dance tomorrow
+ The weekend is SO near
- I have gained weight..
+ Yet.. my jeans are HUGE on me (????)
+ I have a photography "booking" for Saturday
- It's for my Dad's band..so it kind of doesn't count
+ Oh well.. it's a start!
+ I have awesome friends who know me more than anyone in the world
- They live far away
+ They made me a video of a dance that I choreographed and emailed it to me over the weekend.
+ I love them... you know who you are .. =)
+ They need to visit soon.
+ I am excited for them to meet Scott.
+ Spring Break is coming!!!
- Don't know if I am going to Georgia yet.
+ I wrote a poem (I have to write them for class each week)

Here it is..



Mrs. Lathrop
11/23/1914---11/7/2009

I hate this.
I am in shock.
I am here, and
you are not.

You were everything,
my inspiration.
Even to Fred Astaire
and Ginger Rogers,
just to name a few.

You tapped your way through life,
stage after stage,
one curtain would close,
to another that would open.

I have completely shut down.
You would not be proud.
I have tried to smile,
tried to fight through
this frown.

You were my fuel,
you kept me going,
kept me dancing,
kept me smiling,
though my heart was breaking.

Well now I'm broken,
and am forcing a smile,
through tears,
through the pain
of losing you.

Thank you.
Thank you for believing in me,
for never giving up on me,
for yelling at me in class,
for telling me to practice,
for the nights with bottomless champagne glasses,
dinners we shared,
and for teaching me to dance.

Until we meet again, I love you.



Ehhh... not my BEST work.. at all.. and I realize that. But, this is due tomorrow and I'm in a crunch just to finish it and hand it in.

Maybe I'll make it better on my own time. Though, there is not TOO much more I can do with it because it is a dedication poem. I want to keep it as honest and real (non-fiction) as possible.


Alright, well now I'd like to congratulate all of you who have made it through this boring post!



Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. I think your poem is sweet!

    Thank you for your kind words on my last post. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete