This time though, it won't be anything food related. I have self control now when it comes to food, and so giving up a food item would be too easy.
I have decided to give up something that might seem totally weird to some people.
I have decided to give up, worrying.

Anyone who truly knows me knows that I worry. I worry a lot. I analyze and over-think things way too much which then causes me to worry... way too much.
So.. along with giving up worrying comes giving up analyzing and over-thinking things.
This should be interesting... but I hope that with writing in this blog, writing poems for my poetry class, dancing, and just trying to focus on relaxing my brain.... I should be okay. I just need to learn to use my outlets to get little things that I think about too much, OUT of my head!
My outlets are, writing, dance, and sometimes.. talking to people, like... Scott.
So... I will try so hard to use these outlets to rid myself of over-thinking, analyzing and worrying.
That is the goal. The game plan.
Along with that, I have challenged Scott to stay away from McDonald's for Lent. So, this whole "not eating fast food" thing, will be extended!
He is going to push me and work with me to stop with my constant thinking and worrying and I am going to help to push him with this giving up McDonald's thing... which... he is doing quite well at!!
This all should be very interesting. Maybe after 40 days of not worrying, I can spend a lifetime of not worrying. Maybe after 40 days, I'll learn to use my outlets to let all my worrying out.
Fingers crossed.
Keep Smiling,
Karla =)

Good luck giving up worrying!
ReplyDeleteI have a card on my desk at work that says:
"Yaa Khit Mahk" (prounounced: YA-kit-maahk) It's Thai for "Less thinking, more happiness" On the back of the card it says " This phrase is a friendly suggestion that, right now, less thinking might lead to more happiness. Literally, 'don't think a lot.' There are many situations in which endless analysis and cogitation does not render an optimum result. Sometimes it's best to turn off the brain..."
I'm not so good at less thinking which is why I have this on my desk - to remind me. Maybe it'll help you out too.
Take Care Karla!