I try to stay away from the elevators at all times. Keep in mind that I do live on the top floor of my dormitory. The 7th floor. Penthouse... as we like to call it.
I use the stairs as often as possible. Usually, I run up the stairs... you know... I like to just get it over with and be at the 7th floor already.
So, today was the usual sprint up the stairs, with the usual trip at around the 5th or 6th floor when my legs are getting tired. But this time, I fell.
Luckily, I just laughed to myself, brushed myself off, and kept on going.
This is the attitude that I am trying to have now about ALL things.
Tiny bumps in the road used to agitate me beyond belief. Like... red lights, slow drivers, being late, bad hair day, rain, wind, forgetting breakfast, tripping.... stuff like that.
Now- I have decided to challenge myself. This was one of my New Years resolutions. Try and not be bothered by the little things.
Just pick your head back up, and MOVE ON.
The absolute champion at this is...my best friend. She's dealt with pain in her life numerous times. She has recently dealt with health issues that people her age should not have to worry about. She has seen her fair share of struggles. We are alike in that way. I too, have told her my struggles and my past. She has given me advice countless times. But some of her best advice has been to just suck it up...get over it... move on.
So... so far so good on the whole "not letting things bother me" resolution.
* In other news... the ground hog saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter. UGH.
After Christmas, I am ready to just skip on over to May. Who needs January-April? Unless of course, your birthday happens to land on one of those days. I really miss the spring/summer weather. The weather that allows you to actually walk outside without being bombarded by ice coldness. Ya know?
** S's "no McDonald's for a month" promise is going well. It's funny, he tells me everything that he eats for lunch so that I know that he didn't go to McDonald's. I trust that he is telling me the truth. I think he might be just as curious as I am to see if he notices a difference in the way his body/energy feels at the end of the month.
He doesn't know this yet... but I want to take him running this weekend. It will be interesting to see how much stamina he has and see how long he can run without stopping. I know he is a fast runner, but I'd like to see if he can go long distances. Then.... at the end of the month... I want to take him running again to see if he was able to run for longer. I know that diet plays a HUGE role in your energy/strength/stamina... so this should be an interesting experiment. Maybe. Hopefully.
I will be able to dance today if I get all my work done. I really do need the practice!! I miss dancing for hours everyday like I did when I was on break.
Game night is tonight with the roommates. S is coming too. Should be fun. We are making mimosa's... my favorite!!
til next time,
Karla =)

Oh, tripping up stairs..something I do often. I like your mindset, that's something I should think about. I'm too busy trying to be a perfectionist that I get annoyed or embarassed by the littlest things.
ReplyDeleteWhen I slipped around in the snow today I heard my self letting out these little weird noises like I was about to go down. I just keep walking with my head held high and a smile on my face because deep down I'm laughing inside.
I like your running experiment idea! Do you usually run on trails, streets, sidewalks? I'm more of a treadmill runner myself...although I haven't done any running in quite some time.
Game night sounds like fun, my favorite is Taboo and Boggle! Mimosa's are good too...mmmm!!!! Have a great day!
That's a great attitude. We all trip up from time to time, all suffer setbacks large and small. The key is getting ourselves up, brushing ourselves off and moving ourselves on.
ReplyDeleteI love your attitude! It keeps me going!
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to see how S does this weekend running too...I bet you kick his butt :)
Enjoy your dancing!
I like your decision to keep things in perspective. Have a great time with game night.
ReplyDeleteHello- new reader here!
ReplyDeleteGotta love those game nights! I'm looking forward to continue reading your blog :)
Tiff
www.project365th.blogspot.com