I am very fortunate to have found and now religiously read the blogs of two Rockettes. One Rockette that I follow in particular is highkicksandhighhopes. She is an amazing blogger and I get so much inspiration from reading her blog.
This morning, I checked her blog and saw that she wrote this.
"...someone asked me what I think about when I dance.
I don't think.
I feel.
I feel all the things that no matter what words I used, could never be understood. I feel all the things that I say I have forgotten, but never have."
That pretty much sums up why I dance too. I think many dancers dance for the same reason. For me, it's an escape. It's a chance to actually spend time with yourself, and NOT think. That is the magical part about being a dancer. The key is... don't think.
And..after a long week at school, it is so nice to be able to look forward to NOT thinking....for once.
For once...
I don't have to think.
I don't have to talk.
I don't have to have it "all together".
I don't have to be fake.
I don't have to feel a certain way.
I can just... be.
Once I step out onto the dance floor... I am comfortable. I am able to be me.
It's such an indescribable feeling and I feel like it is so complicated to understand sometimes...but it really isn't. It's actually really simple. My body just takes over, and does all the talking. If I'm angry... the moves are sharp, strong, and intense. If I'm happy, the moves are fast, vibrant, and full of energy. My attitude definitely comes out in my dancing. It's an incredibly wonderful beautiful thing and has helped me get through the best of times and the worst of times.
If all else fails, I know that I can count on dance, and that dance will always be there for me.
*Side note*
Today is the last day that "S" is allowed to have McDonalds. He has promised me to give up McDonalds food for the whole month of February. (Too bad it's the shortest month of the year!!!!).
I told him that I would pay him $20 if his energy and just over all well being didn't change by the end of February. I just strongly believe that his diet is making him sluggish and more tired than he already is. (He is a very hard worker and is frequently very tired). I hope he sees a difference and will cut back on the McDonalds after February has passed.
We shall see how it goes. I will keep you all updated! ;-)
til next time,
Karla =)

Have him watch (if he hasn't already) Super Size Me and Food, Inc.!
ReplyDeleteIsela in Southern California
I am glad you have a peaceful happy place to escape to! We all need that!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the No Mcdonalds rule! I hope he sees a difference too :)
Yay! I'm going to start following that blog too! Dancing really is an escape, I feel the same way when I dance.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck to S on his No McDonald's challenge. Hopefully the challenge continues for a lifetime! :)