I have a lot to think about now that I have met my goal weight. There are some areas of my body that I would still like to work on as far as developing a "dancer's body" goes. Primarily, I was focused on just getting off the 30lbs that I gained during my first few years of college. Now that that is gone, my challenge is to shed off about 10 more and tone up. It won't take days or weeks to do either. These last few 10lbs are going to take a long time to shed off. Which is fine, because I know that I am doing it the right way.
I have decided to slowly ween off of weight watchers. I know that they have a "maintaining plan" but I have high hopes that I can do this on my own. I lot has changed with how I eat and how I workout that I think I can definitely handle this on my own.
What has changed?
-I don't eat much red meat (at all)
-I eat plenty of vegetables as often as I can
-I do not eat many sweets anymore (when I do, it usually makes me sick)
-I do not eat a whole lot (Sometimes I can't even finish a meal, and I definitely don't go for seconds)
-My stomach is definitely a lot smaller and can't handle a lot of food intake
-I have no appetite for fast food (makes me sick just looking at it)
Those are the big things that have changed drastically in a year. Last year, I was eating fast food left and right, having dessert every night, eating WAY too much red meat and not enough vegetables. And I was always ready to go back for seconds.
Now- I have really fallen in love with the idea of eating when you are hungry... not just eating in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night. I eat little things throughout the day and so when I do go out to a restaurant to have a full meal, I don't end up eating the whole thing or I'll just usually get an appetizer.
Last year, if someone had told me that that was how I'd be eating...I wouldn't have believed them. I loved my fast food, my red meat, my dessert.... and now.... I can't even imagine it.
So- this blog is going to change a bit. I still want to put more recipes up... but I am going off WW. I also want to talk a lot more about dancing on here and how I stay fit. I will continue to talk about food from time to time but since I am off WW, there will be no talk of that.
I thank you all for following me, and hope that you all continue to follow as I start my journey of maintaining. I heard from others that it is the toughest part of weight loss, but I am willing to take on this challenge.
* side note- I am really happy with the way things are going right now in my life. Not just with my weight loss but in my personal life. I've met someone who makes me happy and things are going really well.
I have high hopes for twenty ten. =)
til next time,
Karla =)

I am excited to watch as 2010 continues. Your 2009 was AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it all...I know you are gonna have a blast!
you know I'll be here! :)
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you on coming back to blogging i blogged religiously every day last year then i stopped doing so. But now i am back to blogging about my weight loss. I have read your blog and i think you have done an amazing job and i know you are going to lose those last 10 lbs and tone up and do great. Have a great 2010 year. Best of luck in may
ReplyDelete