Thursday, January 21, 2010

I want my name in lights

This post is so random... but I just HAD to write this down.


Yesterday morning, as I was waiting for time to pass by before I had to leave for my haircut, I was watching an old home video of me when I was little. The video had tons of footage on it, ranging from me just being born, to me at about 16 years of age.

As I was watching and fast forwarding through some of the footage... I started to notice a trend. What was the trend? Well... the trend was that.... all eyes HAD to be on me... at ALL times.

Yes, even when I was just hours old... my eyes were wide open, and if someone wasn't looking at me or holding me or paying attention to me... I would cry. Odd.

As the video progresses, I am seen older and older. At age 3, I was already dancing to music whenever Mom decided to play any. At age five I was doing a little bit of gymnastics.. and by then my brother was about 3 years old. My Mom would take footage of my brother stumbling around our back yard and you can hear me saying, "MOM... PUT THE CAMERA ON ME, I WANT TO DO A CARTWHEEL!"

Even at age 7-10... when my brother was a little older... poor guy... I would make him dance and sing with me for the camera. There is one point when we are singing and dancing and he screws up, or at least I think he did... because next thing you know... I'm seen yelling at him and he starts to cry. I was a horrible sister.

I always wanted the spotlight on me. I don't know... I guess its just kind of that dancer inside of me, longing to entertain people. That is what I was born to do. I get a kind of "high" from it. It makes me feel good.

Now that I'm older, and that I have been through dance recitals for almost 20 years of my life... it isn't AS exciting anymore. I have bigger dreams now. The local dance recital that I perform in with my dance school is not as awesome anymore.

I want to go bigger. I want people to open Dance Magazine and see ME! I want people to go to Radio City and see me kicking up on stage.

I want my name in lights.






The above video is my inspiration right now. I taught myself that dance and am currently focusing on perfecting it.


til next time,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Never stop dreaming big. NEVER :)

    Keep working hard and you'll get there. I know you will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, dance recitals aren't as exciting anymore. I think what does it for me is the fact that I have more backstage responsibilities with the kids.

    I agree with Brandi, never stop dreaming big. You're gonna be a star!!!

    ReplyDelete