Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I have been M.I.A.




I spent most of the weekend... or ... I guess I should say... I spent all of my weekend in Middletown, CT. So, I am just now finding time to post.

I went to Middletown to hang out with friends and to also celebrate my roommates birthday. Her birthday was back in December, but it snowed when we tried to celebrate it. So, we celebrated over the weekend at the Cheesecake Factory and at the casino. We got all dressed up. I wore a dress that I bought with my other roommate while I was up in Middletown. SIZE 8!!

Big news!


Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary with WW... (although... not really... because I am off WW now). But... it is my 1 year anniversary with this whole weight loss process. So tomorrow is a huge day for me and is so important.


Tomorrow I will be posting my after pictures. It sucks because my old computer (with my before pictures on it) crashed in the fall. So, I will have to find a pic of me that was from about a year ago that I could use as a before picture.

I am so excited! I have not been at this weight for yeaaars!



-On another note.. recently I had talked about how I have not been having much of an appetite. It started over the holidays. I have really changed the way that I eat since this non-appetite phase has started. I eat little things throughout the day... and I don't really eat meals. When I do eat a full meal, I get sick. My Mom wants me to see a doctor. I might do that, just to see what is up.

Although, I have actually been feeling better lately. I had a full meal last night and after a while of sitting, I felt okay.


I think this appetite thing may be partially caused by this new guy in my life. I am really falling for him, and it scares me to death sometimes. He and I are such a perfect match. I've never met anybody like him ever in my entire life. I've only been seeing him for not even a month and I feel like I've known him for years. I am so happy, but I am also scared to death of getting my heart broken. I dealt with so much heart break in 2009 and don't want to go through it again for a while.



* Please keep our family friend in your thoughts/prayers. My Dads friend is undergoing brain surgery this morning to remove a tumor. The tumor is the size of a lemon and is fast growing. The surgery is risky and will probably affect his speech and memory. He is in his 30s and has a wife and 3 young children. More news on how it went tomorrow.


Tomorrow's post is going to be great! Check back then!


til then-

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have done amazingly well! Well done to you! I know how hard it is. I have been on WW since having my 8th child in June and have lost over 40lbs so far but put on 4lbs over Christmas - boo! You have done so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking "now where in the world has Karla been?" :)

    You look GREAT in that dress btw!!

    I'm excited about this new love interest. You are right to be cautious but don't let your fears keep you from enjoying it! Life is too short. The beautiful thing about dealing with heartbreak is that now that you've been through it, you know you can get past it and move on. So even if it does happen again, you know you'll be ok!

    I'll keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it seems like you've hit so many milestones! 1 year anniversary with your lifestyle change, a size 8, and a new relationship.

    The way you feel about your b/f is how I felt when I first met my b/f. He's completely different than anyone I met in the past and we're totally compatible. I hope your relationship continues to blossom.

    I will keep your family friend in my thoughts. I hope the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey of course you're in my thoughts and prayers....

    BTW- that dress fits you like a GLOVE! GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete