Friday, January 29, 2010

I dream in dance, I dance in dreams.

"Dreams are not something to wait for. They are something to work for."
August 2009.. When I worked with a few Rockettes.
I'm in the back with the older people.. haha.. you can see my legs and black shorts behind the girl in the pink tank top. =)


Sometimes, I wish it were THAT easy. I wish I could just sit here and wait for time to pass, wait for a miracle to happen... and just have my dreams sit right there before me, waiting for me to live them out.

But, life doesn't go that way. Which, maybe is a good thing. What is the fun in having everything handed to you?

The fun part of actually living out your dream, is looking back on all the hard work it took for you to get there. Right? =)



You know... whenever I am in NYC... I finally feel like I am in the right place. I finally feel like I kind of "belong". I know that NYC is where my dreams lie. I'm so lucky to live so nearby. Every time I come up to Radio City Music Hall, I just want to scream. Jump up and down. Break out my tap shoes. Do some eye-high kicks. Just to prove to the few people watching me thinking that I'm nuts..that I am not really nuts... I'm just passionate. I know that being a Rockette is what I want to do. Period. And if not that, then SOMETHING with dance/performing.


I feel as though I have made HUGE steps to getting closer to my goal of becoming a dancer/performer/Rockette/whatever gets thrown my way. Losing weight and changing the way I eat was the first step, and probably the most important. My change in diet has given me TONS more energy to dance. Energy is the fuel for dance. So, energy is important.

For me... dance is 1% getting the correct steps and 99% attitude/positive energy.

You can dance the right steps and still not be dancing.


The passion must be there...or else you are just simply "going through the motions".



I am currently still choreographing a dance that I cannot wait to be able to take video of and post on the blog. I want it to showcase my full potential as a dancer and show how far I've grown in the 18 years that I've danced. I'm excited about it. =)




Above- 3 years old.

Above- 21 years old



I'm meeting with a good friend of mine from high school for lunch in a half hour. Im excited! Shout out to Connie! I love you! She reads my blog, because she is indeed THAT awesome.

Out with "S" tonight. YAY. =)

Today is a good day.


til next time,

Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. Hollerrr. I do read your blog. :) Yay lunch dates!

    ReplyDelete