Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stuff and Things

Don't you ever wish that you could stop time right in it's tracks? You know... that time when you feel like EVERYTHING is the way you want it, and EVERYTHING is going right. You just want to sit in that moment of rare perfection just so that you can soak it all in before something goes wrong.

Well. If I could pause life, I would pause it right now. Things are really good right now. I am content, and happy. I am falling in love unexpectedly. I am excited. I am inspired. I am full of positive energy. Things are pretty good in my life.

Last night, I spent time with the new guy in my life. We'll just call him "S" on here. He's someone I was not expecting to come into my life. Someone I never thought I would be so into. Someone I really wasn't ready for but just decided to dive into.

It hasn't even really been a month yet and I am crazy about him. The things he says to me, the way he treats me, the way he respects me... I just can't get enough. I have truly never felt this way before about anyone. He makes me so happy, and I am so lucky.

The one thing that bothers me the most about him though is that he eats at fast food places everyday for lunch. I actually talked with him last night about it, and he told me that starting in February, for a month, he would promise to only eat at Subway. Which is a giant step forward from Burger King or McDonalds. We'll see how long that lasts! I have to get him away from the fast food. That is my goal! He's killing himself slowly by eating that stuff all the time, but of course, he thinks it's fine. He is a thin guy, but it's really not about your weight... it's about what the food is doing to your body. I think I should ask him if he's ever seen the movie, "Supersize Me". That movie has forever changed the way I think about fast food.

Today is dance class. I haven't been in over 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I have been dancing everyday. But, I have not been to my actual class because of the holidays and me skipping it once. I'm nervous because I know we learned new steps and I won't be prepared. It should be alright though. My roommate is coming down to watch me dance and then we are going to go and play some basketball. I am super excited!

Tomorrow I leave for Maine. I will be in Maine for the weekend. I am going up with my Dad and Uncle to see my Grandparents. I am excited. I miss them. I wish they lived closer. Every time I go up and see them, I get filled with guilt thinking it could be the last time. It should be a good time though. I hope to take lots of pictures and keep the blog updated.

Speaking of this blog, ... in a few days... the URL will change. It will be:

http://confessionsofadetermineddancer.blogspot.com


Just so all of you know!


Well, I guess that is all the updating I have for you for right now.




A BIG thank you to all of you who left me comments on yesterdays post. I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my body. Being a dancer will do that to you. But what truly matters is not the physical change, but the mental change that I have gone through. I am a totally different person than I was last year. Thankfully! =)

Next time I post, I'll be in Maine.

til then,
Karla =)

5 comments:

  1. So excited about your new guy! I just met a new one too and am feeling crazy feelings for him too. Its so exciting isn't it? Have a good trip! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I was totally smiling the entire time I was reading your post! You are so happy and to hear someone be so happy makes me happy. I think you mentioned this once on my blog but it's amazing how similar we are. I am also a perfectionist. I also haven't been to dance in 3 weeks. Oops! We had a week off. I was just thinking I should pratice before I show up on Saturday and start looking like a fool.

    So, about S...I *think* he'll come around. C would always pick up fast food after working late some nights. I think I motivated him to eat better. You're right though, in some cases it's not about weight - it's about overall health. "Supersize Me" is definitely an eye opener. There's also a book called "Fast Food Nation" if he's into reading.

    I hope you have a wonderful time with your grandparents in Maine. Have they seen you since your lifestyle change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in Maine. Wish we were there. :) Love, love, love your blog.

    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fully understand the "wanting to pause time". I would like to pause the entire month of December for just a few more months. I had a GREAT birthday, got engaged, Christmas with MY family for the first time in MANY years, and surprise visits from friends. I was surrounded by love and I couldn't imagine being any happier.

    Have fun in Maine! I have always wanted to visit there since it's pretty close to me. I'm thinking about running their marathon in May so I have an excuse to get my butt out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you Karla! You totally deserve it! You are such an inspiration to me, not to give up on myself. Have a great time in Maine!

    ReplyDelete