Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recipe!!!!

Wow.. it has been awhile since I have actually posted a recipe on here. I would say it's about time for one.


Yesterday, classes went well. However, I do feel very overwhelmed with the amount of schoolwork that lies ahead of me. My goal is to not procrastinate as much. I will try and achieve that by setting mini goals for myself everyday or every week here on the blog. That way, I can see it in writing and stick to it!

Oh... and yeah... I think I may be a little bit head over heels for "S". He sent me this ADORABLE text message that I just had to share. He reads my blog from time to time but I don't think he would mind that I shared this with you. Is it cheesy? Maybe. But he knows I love cheesy!! He knows just what to say to make my day! He is the best =)
OK.. So back to my recipe...I was supposed to cook dinner for "S" last night, so... with help from food that my roommate had, I cooked up something that has been in my family for years. It was a recipe my Dad thought up one day. My Dad is an awesome cook by the way!


"S" never ended up coming... but... it was probably better off that way because I made a HUGE mistake with the recipe and it didn't come out right.

So here it is.

Basically.... you take a chicken breast.. and the very FIRST thing that you do.. is... POUND IT OUT FLAT!!

That was where I screwed up. The chicken breast was way to big. The taste of the chicken over powered the spinach and cheese and it wasn't good.

So.. take a chicken breast.. and pound it out so that it is fairly thin.

Then... dip it into egg (I used a bowl of egg beaters to dip the chicken into) .. then cover the chicken in flour and place onto a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil in it. Cook on medium high on both sides. Two or three minutes per side... or until chicken breast is cooked all the way through.

MEANWHILE- Make sure that the spinach is COOKED! I just use the frozen chopped spinach and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes until its cooked.

Take a baking dish and grease it with cooking spray (I used Pam). Place the chicken breast(s) on the dish, and cover each breast with spinach (as much as your heart desires).

THEN- place 2 pieces of provolone cheese (I use the reduced fat kind) over the chicken breast(s).

You should have PREHEATED the oven to 350.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.


EAT!


It's delicious!!!! And so simple!! It takes me 10 minutes to do.. then 15-20 minutes of wait time while it bakes. So easy, so good... and LOW IN POINTS!! One breast with the spinach and cheese is only 4 points people! 4 points!!



YUM!

All for now..



til next time,


Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Love the text message! Thanks for sharing, S sounds like a keeper! And that recipie sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe sounds great. I think I might substitute the spinach with broccoli. I like spinach but am more of a broccoli gal!

    That text from S was so cute! C still does stuff like that and tells me things like I'm hotter than a mongolian grill. I seriously blush so much, but I guess I'm the same as you...I love cheesey! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely FABULOUS! Adding that one to my list of things to try!

    And what a cutie. Does "S" have a brother...and will you two just move to KC already :)

    ReplyDelete