One of my goals for 2010 was to NOT let people get me down. NOT surround myself with negativity. NOT let others drag me down into their holes just because I am FINALLY out of mine.
You know... I have learned that throughout life... friends come and friends go. We have friends for reasons... friends for seasons... and friends for a lifetime. I have talked about that before on this blog. Ever heard of that? If not.. click here.
Throughout life.. I have figured this out. As hard as it has been leaving friends that I once was so close with, I have made new ones and have kept some close friends that I have been lucky to have for years.
I guess maybe I'm real picky when it comes to friends. I won't be friends with just anyone. So, if I am friends with you... you know that our friendship is legit, because I am not a good faker. I can't and also hate faking a friendship.. or using someone for something. It never works and always ends horribly.
I feel as though I am always honest with people. I will always tell people the truth and always tell people what is on my mind when it is appropriate to do so. I feel as though being honest with people is the key to a good, solid, legit friendship. I feel as though it is the respectful thing to do for a good friend.
Few people have respected me in that manner. Few people in my life have been honest with me. Usually, most of my friendships end when I hear that a person was talking behind my back. You know, high school stuff that I am far too old for.
For a long time.. yeaaars... I dealt with weight issues... I dealt with low self esteem... I dealt with hurt from people who were supposed to love me. All three years of college, I was a wreck...and I was on a fast train to depression.
Almost one year ago... I decided to change all of that. And now... almost one year later... I have gone through SO much... and have FINALLY found my happiness.
But the one thing that brings me down is other people. Other people who are jealous. Other people who want what I have, what I have accomplished, and what I have yet to accomplish. People are still trying to pick out my faults...notice one thing wrong and bring me down.
To all of those people I say, GOOD LUCK.
It is my new goal to NOT let people get the best of me. To NOT let people bring me down.
I have found my happiness in more ways than one... and it's here to stay.
Go find your own happiness. Go make your own changes. Go bother someone else.
You can try and drag me down with you, but I have news for you...
I'm not going to budge.
til next time,
Karla =)

AMEN girl!! Love this post! Its so liberating to not let that stuff get YOU down!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!! That's the right attitude to have lady! :-)
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I say screw those people. The only thing they are going to accomplish is bringing themselves down!
ReplyDeleteYou keep doing what you are doing and know that those people DON'T matter!