Monday, January 25, 2010

And just like that..

..I'm back at school.



I hated saying goodbye to this weekend, to the whole winter break. It was hard. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm back at school. I miss being able to dance in the mornings and do what I want to do in the afternoons. I'll miss going out at night too because once all the schoolwork kicks in, I'll be too busy for any "fun".

Thankfully, this semester should be a lot less stressful than last semester. I only have to teach one day a week, and only one grade. Last semester, I was teaching all the time, and more than one grade got really confusing!



SO- it's now time for.... My weekend in a nutshell:

Friday: Made dinner for "S" and went to see the movie, "Couples Retreat". Funny movie.. I had wanted to see it forever. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Saturday: "S" stayed overnight so that we could take an early train out to NYC. Arrived in NYC around 11:30 and walked down 5th to Central Park. Walked through Central Park a lot. Saw things I had never seen before. Took a lot of pictures. We walked around to find a place to eat lunch. We ended up eating at TGI Friday's because it seemed to be the only restaurant that wasn't packed with people. We walked around more.. saw the Empire State Building, Bryant Park, Radio City, Times Square, street performers, Rockafeller Center... you know.. the usual NYC sightseeing stuff.

Sunday: Slept in. Lazy day. Hung out with "S". Got ready to go back to school. Ate cheesecake since I was craving it all weekend! "S" helped me bring my stuff back into the dorm. He's the best.


I leave you with pictures. Have a great day =)


"S" and I at a park. Sitting after walking for miles
This squirrel sat on the edge of our bench with us
"S" with Empire State Building very faintly in the background
Empire State Building
Street Performer in Bryant Park
Radio City Music Hall =) =)
"S" and I in Central Park
Park Benches
Isn't he handsome??? =)All for now..more tomorrow.

Boo... my Jets lost last night. They had a good run though. Who to root for now I wonder?



til next time,

Karla =)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this semester. What grade will you be teaching now?

    It sounds like you and S had a great time in NYC. You two are a very cute couple! :o)

    That's a bummer about the Jets, my dad is a huge fan! (He's originally from CT too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! It sounded perfect! You are so lucky to be so near NYC! I've been there once with my sister and we loved it! Thanks for sharing your photos with us! Got yourself a good 'un there Karla!! I'm so happy for you! :-D

    ReplyDelete