Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Paranormal Activity+Weight Loss

So I went to see that movie (Paranormal Activity) last night. It was pretty interesting to say the least. It was different from any movie that I have ever seen. If I were to rate how scary it was on a scale from 1-10... I would say... 6. Lets just say, I was able to sleep last night with no problems! But, I think the movie is worth seeing for it's uniqueness. The whole movie is filmed with one camera. And there are like 4 characters in the movie. It's simple, easy to follow...and I have never really seen a movie done that way in theaters. The only thing I didn't like too much about it was that it seemed to drag on and on and on until the very last scene where things finally got exciting....and then the movie was just ..over. But, again, that's what makes it interesting. It really makes you think.

And there ends my movie review.


*Today should be a good day. I have to teach from 9am-11am. Then I have one class from 2-315pm.. and then I have a few hours to myself! WOOHOO!! My roommates and I are going to Cold Stone Creamery for dinner for our monthly "bonding" time. Then were going to hit up the mall to see if one of my roommates can find a last minute Halloween costume. Then later tonight, one of my roommates and I signed up for a "Hall Activity" in our dorm. The whole 7th floor are going to paint pumpkins together. That should be interesting. But, it's a way of getting to know people since I don't even know the names of the people who live next to me.


So as of a few days ago, I inspired another one of my roommates to join WW. Well, it was all her choice but I like to think I inspired her a little!! =)

So, now 3 out of 4 of us girls are on WW. It's actually kind of nice because we can all cook dinner now for each other and we are all in the same boat with counting and tracking points.

It is so amazing how much I have changed and grown as a person from when I started WW on January 13, 2009 until now. It has been 9 months. I will never go back to the way I was before, the way I looked before, the way I ate before. It was a tough road to get to where I am now. Even as a kid, I was always ALWAYS ALWAYS criticized about my weight, being a dancer and all. Criticized by past boyfriends, family members, and even strangers.

Although I feel as though I haven't totally reached my goal yet... I finally feel pretty comfortable in my own skin. Of course, I always have my "fat" days where anything I try on looks hideous. I have my "ugly" days where nothing I do can make myself feel better. The difference is, I had those days EVERYDAY 9 months ago. They don't happen too often anymore.

Losing weight is hard. I fought hard to lose. I bitched and complained on here all the time when it got frustrating. But I did it. And I am still doing it. YOU can do it. It CAN be done. Find the strength, find the will. Your weight does not define you. Don't let your weight take control of your life. YOU are in control of YOUR own life. Our weight cannot and should not control us. Don't let your happiness become compromised because of your weight. Our society is a bit screwed up in my opinion when it comes to weight. Don't let that get you down. Being healthy is what's important. Let's be realistic, no one is perfect. We are all imperfect. Weight loss is a tough road to travel on. But well worth the ride in the end.

Rise above.

Til next time,

Karla =)

2 comments:

  1. Lady, do you know how amazing it is that you have reached the comfortable point!?!?! Some people spend their whole lives thinking man if I could just _______ then I'd be happy.

    You are there. You're happy with where you're at. You're not going to stop working on you, but you are comfortable and happy. And I'm so happy for you!!

    Keep up that awesome work. You are doing such an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i read this. my medicine has been making me feel like poo, but reading this gave me enough motivation to suck it up and go work out!! <3

    ReplyDelete