Just a heads up: This post isn't really about weight or anything. Just another update about my life! Though, of course...dance is mingled in somewhere in this post!
I feel like texting her back saying, "Dear Underaged Friend... First of all, I am not getting you alcohol, and second of all.. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever text me at 7:30am EVER again asking me to"
Sorry, just had to get that out.
Anyway, yesterday was not as good as I thought it was going to be. Teaching the little ones in the morning went fine. Though, I was greeted by a $25 ticket for the second time on my windshield because I had parked in a non-spot. I know, I didn't learn my lesson. I was literally parked their overnight and I get blasted with a ticket. The parking lot for my dorm building is ridiculously small and we are not allowed to park anywhere else. So really, I don't know what they want us to do besides park in a non-spot when there isn't anywhere else to park. I'm considering not paying and going to court or whatever they make me do. We'll see.

I had my one class that went okay, except for I had to walk in the down pouring rain to get there and by the time I got there, I was soaked from head to toe. You know that nasty horizontal rain that you can't escape from no matter what size umbrella you have or how expensive your raincoat is? Yeah. It was that kind of rain. I was drenched.
It seems also that whenever it rains, I become instantly uncoordinated. My roommates laugh all the time because I'll come back to the room soaked (aka... I slip and fall all the time when it's raining out). The soaking wet leaves don't help my balance either because they are slippery...but I guess I'm just making excuses. My roommates blame it on my fast walking. I don't know what it is but I have fallen twice now within the month on rainy days. Right into huge puddles. It's been wonderful. BUT... good news... I didn't fall yesterday!
My roomie found herself a Halloween costume. We were both supposed to be football players but she didn't want to look exactly like me. So, she is going to be a Butterfly. I am kind of excited for Halloween... I wish I was still young enough to trick or treat. Everyone that I'm friends with usually go out to bars all dressed up in their typical skimpy outfits. That's not me. I'm not too much of a bar person. I think bars are like the non-cyber, filthier version of eharmony (if you know what I mean) and I really don't need that at the moment!
Tomorrow night I was supposed to go and see Lorraine Warren. She is a paranormal investigator and she lives about 10 minutes away from my house. She is coming to my school to give a Halloween presentation. Last year, she showed us a video clip of an exorcism that still scares me to this day. BUT.. my friend has ditched me for work and I am not sure who else to go with. Definitely am not going by myself either! So, it looks like I'll be laying low on Friday and I don't even think the World Series is on on Friday either. It's gonna be a boring night!!
On a more serious note, my Aunt had surgery yesterday on her nose. It was kind of the same thing I had to have after I broke my nose. Apparently there were some complications and I started to get pretty nervous...but she is thankfully okay. She just has some issues with breathing and swallowing. She is in my dance class with me tonight, and she won't be coming tonight because of the surgery. So I'll be going solo. Maybe I can do another tap video tonight...although the World Series game 2 in on tonight so, we'll see.
I have been really wanting to go and visit my dance teacher. She is the 94 year old woman that I talk about from time to time on here. She is the reason why I dance, she is my idol. If only my life could be carried out like hers was. Wow.. I could die happy =)
Anyway, she is home from her rehabilitation center and I have not gone to visit her yet. She has a live-in aid so that may be kind of awkward. She is also losing it a little bit so I don't know if she would remember me. I may go with my Mom and Aunt sometime soon. I don't want to have regrets of not seeing her. She doesn't come to my dance classes anymore. She is in a wheel chair and can't walk too well. It's hard not seeing her smiling face while I dance. It's weird to see the empty chair that she normally sits in. I miss her =(
Below is her and I immediately after our last of 5 shows in June 2008

Below is my group and the Mom's group after performing for our teacher at the rehabilitation center. This photo made the paper. I'm far left. My Mom and my Aunt are dead center standing next to each other with wavy dark brown hair. Mrs. Lathrop is so beautiful.

Until next time,
Karla =)

Man oh man! I hope you don't fall in the rain today!
ReplyDeleteI wish I lived near you...I would TOTALLY go to that scary presentation. I LOVE that stuff...but I wouldn't go by myself :)
I loved this: "I think bars are like the non-cyber, filthier version of eharmony (if you know what I mean) and I really don't need that at the moment!" I would probably say it's more Match.com than eHarmony, but I totally agree! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend Karla!
Hi Karla- hope your day starts to pick up and the clouds clear for you... Sorry I have been MIA... looking forward to reading your posts again!
ReplyDeleteThe rebel in me would totally say "Don't pay the ticket!! Don't these people have anything better to do with their time?!" But then I would probably get scared of getting into trouble and end up paying it - I got fined by the police when my road tax was out of date by one day!!
ReplyDeletePS. Just curious to know what you texted back to your friend!!
And thanks as always for your support and wonderful comments!! You totally rock!
I hate getting woken up by something soo stupid as that. Parking tickets are soo annoying.
ReplyDelete