Since my one month dance class has ended.. it was weird to be able to have so much time last night. Don't get me wrong... I still have my dance class at home that I attend every single Thursday. I don't know what I would do without dance in my life..
For me, dance is a lot like blogging. I am able to release all of my emotions, all of my stress that has built up over the week. Dance is a form of nonverbal communication you know! I believe that without dance, I would only be half a person. Because for me, dance is another form of expression. I can speak and write ... but then there is dance. Both of these are forms of expression. Without the dance part... I would be lost.... which sounds SOOO corny I know. But that is just how I feel. Thank God for dance.
But really, I shouldn't be thanking God for dance. I should be thanking God for music. I should be thankful for the many, many talented musicians who give me the music to dance to. Because, I believe that we ALL have the gift of dance. Everyone CAN dance. Whether or not they might be good or bad at it depends on how they internalize the music. Whether or not they are really attached to the music and feel a connection with each and every beat. There are times at dance where I am dancing horribly because I have no connection to the music. So, YES... everyone CAN dance! So, really, music is the gift. Thank God for music.
Most people who know me pretty well, especially my roommates.. know that I am always craving the spotlight. I am always dancing in the room and sometimes I know that I am driving them nuts! It's just habit. I love to entertain by way of dancing...even if no one is watching. =)
So today I have a video. A video of a man who loves dancing probably just as much as I do. He loved it so much that when he lost his leg at age 12... he taught himself how to tap with his wooden peg leg. Check this out: Peg Leg Bates
*Today should be a good day. I have classes until 12... I don't have to teach today! WOOHOO! I have an advisement meeting to figure out what classes I have to take next semester. I'm going to get a workout in today at some point. Maybe do some Pilates.. Then I am going to see the movie, Paranormal Activity tonight. Anyone seen it? Like it, hate it?
Til next time,
Karla =)

Yeah thank God for music and dance and all the other gifts!!! and yeah, corny as it sounds, i'd be lost without dance! to me, dance is like prayer and worship... cuz it's something i can't do with my own strength, and utilises everything i have... intelligence, my body, my soul, my gifts... you get the point :)
ReplyDelete