Ah, Junior Mints. I just downed a WHOLE pack. The mini pack…with like… 6 mints in it. Ohh the sugar high I am experiencing right now. I don’t eat chocolate during the week (with the exception of Cold Stone this week). So, when I do eat chocolate, the sugar just rushes to my head real fast. Usually I just eat them one by one slowly as each one dissolves in my mouth. I don’t ever eat them unless it’s Halloween and seldomly at a movie. So, it’s important to savor every last delightful moment. Junior Mints are my favorite Halloween candy by far.
I would count each box of Junior Mints that I would get each year. I would get one box in my lunch for grade school. I would devour them straight from the box before I even saw them. Like, who knows what could have been in those boxes. What if Junior Mints weren’t actually in the box? I would have never known because I would open the box right into my mouth. What a sight it would have been if their had been cockroaches in there instead..
But, that was then. This is now. I was more physically fit back then. Dancing, gymnastics, horseback riding, tennis, and color guard kept me busy. Yes, all at the same time.
So, I can’t just open up a box of Junior Mints straight into my mouth.
Tonight though… I tried.
Never. Again.
I feel like I’m going to throw up. And you know what? I feel great about that. Because I know that my body cannot handle my horrible eating habits from the past. My stomach likes to be fed the right way, the healthy way. It’s amazing how much Weight Watchers has changed my life. I loved it when I first started seeing the changes, and when my roommate joined, I loved seeing her happy when she saw changes...and now that my other roommate joined, I look forward to seeing her happy about her changes as well. It is an awesome feeling. I am at such a happy place right now. After about 10 years of hating my body, I finally think I won the battle. I fully accept myself.
*I weighed myself today when I got home from school. Was just in the mood to do it. I am down a pound. But, today is not my weigh in day. That’s tomorrow. So, we’ll see if this one pound loss sticks. That would be nice.
Dance tonight felt good. I really gave it my all tonight. I felt thin, I felt happy, I felt confident and it was wonderful.
I even got a few compliments on how I look. Well, I guess you could call them compliments. There is a woman that I used to work with who told me that I looked real skinny. Before I could say anything back, she said, “Have you been eating?”
What is that supposed to mean? Does it look like I’m unhealthy?
I guess to the people who have known me for a while, I seem WAY thinner. To a person who hasn’t known me when I was heavier, I think I seem fairly normal. People just aren’t used to seeing me 21 pounds lighter I guess. I just wish people’s comments were more, …kind?
Tomorrow my goal is to put before and after pictures up! It has been 9 months and 21 pounds lost… so I figure I should. Plus, Eve did it and she looks so amazing!! Eve, I am so proud of you!! I thought I would steal your idea!! =)
Look for that tomorrow!
Karla =)

21 pounds is flippin amazing! well done :) and i look forward to pictures :)
ReplyDelete21 pounds!! yayy!! i think girls are just bitchy and don't know how to be nice sometimes. Have you been eating? seriously? I would have been like... Yes. WHAT have you been eating? but then again, i can be a bitch if i have to.
ReplyDeletethats awesome about the junior mints thing. Thats how I feel when I eat really salty things. I am trying to cut like almost all salt out of my diet, and I ate some tortilla chips tonight drenched in salt...and ohmygod i am thirsty thirsty thirsty.
being healthy is fun! can't wait for your pictures!
Isn't it strange though, to be "normal"? I still find it odd, and while i am happy where I am I am not yet satisfied. And I dont' care how many "don't lose anymore"'s I get.... because it is my body.
ReplyDeleteI still love the bad stuff that is for sure, but my body doesn't love it! I pay for it every single time!
You're freakin kickin A$$ on this whole weight loss experience :) Keep up the good work. I am so happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you still have your blog. I would miss you if you didn't post. :)
ReplyDelete- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/