Thursday, October 22, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Today is my little brother's birthday. Except he's not so little anymore. He's 18! What the heck?? That means I'm really old too. I woke up today and thought back on the good old days. The days where we both didn't have a care in the world. The days where we both ran off outside for hours on end, exploring through the acres of land that our then new house was built on. We would be gone for hours, walking through the woods, our pants tucked inside our socks so that ticks could not get in. Mom always made us do that. We LOVED being outside and the one sound that would make us run toward home was a large bell that Mom attached to the house. It was the "get your butt back inside" bell.

But those days are over. Now I rarely see my brother because I live at school. I come home and he is usually leaving somewhere in my Mom's car. My Mom changes our school picture every year. She has 2 frames. One for me, one for my brother. There are 12 pictures in mine, from every year at school. Now, there are 12 pictures in his since she just recently put his senior picture in the frame. He looks so old in it. So mature. No longer my little brother.

We never always got along. Half the time, we were fighting or making our parents crazy. But I think we are finally both at the stage now where we know that we will always be each others best friend. And, for that... I am happy.

I was looking back on old pictures this morning. I don't have any of my brother and I when we were younger on my computer.... but I do have me when I was younger. I have probably posted this before. But, I'll do it again.

These are my first 3 years of dancing. I had the whole "full bang" look going on thanks to my Mother who is still upset to this day that I FINALLY got rid of bangs. Haha.



It is fun to look back. It makes you realize that you don't know who you are unless you know where you have been, where you come from. When I go home for dance, I will try and find a really old picture of my brother and I and put it up here, and then compare it to what we look like now.

I also want to do another tap dance video tonight and post it on here. We'll see how that goes.

This post really had nothing to do with dance or my weight or anything, but it was just nice to travel back in time for awhile. =)

More later,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Hullo.. i stumbled on your blog this morning and i really loved your previous post, i relate so much! and this post also, i have a big brother and i miss our days growing up cuz now i only see him once or twice a year, which is quite sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Karla! I think each dance studio must have used the same backdrops. LOL I'm sure if I pulled up the pictures from when I was in dance the backdrops would be very similar.

    I had a similar relationship with my brother who is 2 years older. We didn't get along all the time but now that we are adults and both parents that relationship has definitely changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww great pictures! It is fun to look back on the good ol' days isn't it??

    ReplyDelete