I woke up in a really good mood and I am trying to keep it that way and not let the typical "Monday" stereotype get in my way. I'll let you know how it goes!!!
On a different note... yesterday, as I was talking with one of my family members... they had complimented me on how great I look and that I am doing so well with my weight loss. I thanked them for the compliment and was glad that they had mentioned that to me.
Here is where it gets ugly. She then mentioned, "No wonder why you and your boyfriend broke up....you are thinner and more healthy looking now, so you are getting more male attention. So you broke it off with him and are now loving all the attention you are getting. That is so typical of a person who just lost weight. That's what happens you know....you lose weight and then you become so egotistical about it".
I kind of stood there for a second. Not knowing what to say or do. Not knowing if I should throw the nearest object at their face, scream at the top of my lungs at their face, or what.
So, I did what I usually don't do. I was the bigger person. I was calm. And here is what I said:
"Wow. I am really taken back by what you just said. And to be very honest with you, I feel sorry for you that you feel that way not just about me but with all people trying to lose weight. It is a shame that there are people out there like you who can't just be happy for someone who has just recently worked their butt off to lose weight".
And on that note... I got up and left.
What is this world coming to?? Can you believe that the person who said that to me was my own family member??
If there is one thing that that taught me... it is to rise above. Don't ever let anyone get you down about your accomplishments. I didn't work my ass off trying to lose weight just to hear that awful remark from someone. So, it went in one ear and out the other.
til next time,
Karla =)

Whoever that was, is just being cynical and jealous! I'm proud that you were the bigger person & stood up for yourself, but still remained calm. Congratulations. I don't know if I would've been able to do that!!
ReplyDeleteMy best friend & I have this thing about "haters"- basically, haters need to get out of our lives! we listen to this song when feeling especially silly, hopefully it'll cheer you up-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqIWE4YD50
haha,
xo
bluenotes
todieortodiet.blogspot
OMG! I was getting angry just reading that! If someone said that to me, I don't know what I would've done! I agree with bluenotes - "haters" and people that are jealous that you're getting on in life, should go get their OWN lives! I'm glad you're trying to love Mondays! I wish I could just love it too, and Tuesday, and Wednesday..... lol - Hope you have a great rest of the day!
ReplyDelete:-D
Hey Karla, you should go see it - don't get me wrong, it won't win any oscars or anything like that! But it's a fun movie, nice location and will give you a laugh and take your mind off real life for a while! And the wee boy that plays Vince Vaughn's son in it was a wee cutie pie!! lol
ReplyDeleteOH Karla, you handled it perfectly!! What an amazing testimony to share!! Not only overcoming obsticles, including BAD COMMENTARY by those who are supposed to love you unconditionally, but ... overcoming your own thoughts on Mondays!! :) You rock!
ReplyDelete