Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Tuesdaaaay

I couldn't think of a very unique title.

Anyway- Yesterday I went to dance class and the instructor is on vacation in Boston (so jealous) so we had a sub. The first half hour of the class was so boring for me because the sub had no clue what she was doing. Then... she decides to stop us mid-class and have us try Zumba which I guess is her forte.

Oh. My. God.


I am a dancer. Have been for 16 years. I love dancing. I love to move. I am never really embarrassed dancing because I don't think that there is any wrong way of dancing.... BUT.... I must say.... I WAS EMBARRASSED. Zumba was WAY out of my comfort zone.

But... then again.... I am SO glad that I tried it. It is sooo much fun because all I ended up doing was laughing at how badly I was doing it. I'm sure with practice, it would obviously get better. It definitely keeps your heart pumping though...wow!!

I know that soooo many people love Zumba and it's like this new fitness craze out there, but I just don't think it's my thing particularly.


ALSO... yesterday I won a $300 gift certificate to this laser hair removal/cellulite reducer place. I got REALLY excited because any place that claims that they can get rid of cellulite is like a gift from God!! But then I found out that in order to get rid of cellulite... you need to have SEVERAL appointments to this doctor who does the "surgery". It's also like a bajillion dollars. AND... they don't even guarantee that you'll get results. WHAAAT??

Even after MONTHS of losing weight.... my cellulite will ALWAYS be present. No matter how many different workouts I do that are supposed to help. SO... I think I will just have to live with it for the rest of my life!! Which is fine with me! ;-)

....Ohh boy, today I have a mid term in one of my classes. I hope I do okay... I studied here and there last night while simultaneously working on a HUGE paper that I had due today.

I lost my voice last night and it has not come back today either. So, I was supposed to teach Kindergarten today but called out sick. There is no way I would have been able to do it with no voice. There are 30 Kindergartners!!!!

I picked out my Halloween costume! I am going to be a football player hahahaa. I have a pink Jet's jersey and some black dance shorts and knee high socks. Who knows if I am even doing anything on Halloween... but.... I do have a costume now! WOohoO!

Alright.... I'm out!

til next time...

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. Haha, thank you for the upbeat post! I needed that :)

    I like your football player idea! I may have to steal it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Zumba. You move in some very uncomfortable ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayy for trying new things!!
    & i totally know how you feel about cellulite...i remember being in 7th grade and seeing it, and i was probably like 115 pounds then- i feel like it'll always be here!
    one thing i did see results with, i had a trainer last summer and i told her my cellulite was driving me nuts. so she set me up a a specific anti-cellulite routine: walking on the treadmill on a slight incline for 20 min, squeezing your butt the whole time! & then jump roping.
    it helped more than anything else has!! and i saw results after like 2 weeks... give it a try!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you did well on your test! Thanks for helping vote for my son. :)

    ReplyDelete