I start at my new gym today =) That should help me out a little bit I think!! =)
It was a difficult weekend for me.
It started off great with 1 pound lost! Then I went to an elementary school to do some fieldwork in a Kindergarten classroom. Half way through the day, the Kindergarten teacher advised that I go home since I was sneezing constantly and just couldn't stop. I kept excusing myself to go to the bathroom. It was so embarrassing...
So, I get into my car to leave... and I sneezed about 20 times before I was actually able to drive the car safely home.
I got home and fell right into bed. I slept forever and then tried to have a good night with my boyfriend later when he came home. He is student teaching right now... so I never see him during the week. Friday is our time to be together and I ruined it by being sick and miserable. He ended up making dinner and cleaning everything up as I sat on the couch like a big blob. It was horrible. I even had to go to bed early so he had to leave.
The next day, I had planned on starting my project that is due today. But, I was way to sick...I couldn't even keep my eyes open. So, I slept again for half the day until my boyfriend was out of work. Then that night, we both had a 21st birthday party to attend. I went even though I felt like sleeping the day away. I mustered up a whole lot of energy and ended up feeling a little better once we got there. BUT.. I left real early because I was getting tired and I was slowly losing my voice. My throat felt like fire the whole night and it was good to get home to sleep it all off.
Yesterday I felt a lot better thankfully. I had to perform 3 dances with my dance class at the rehabilitation center that my elderly dance instructor is staying at. It was sad to see her and all of the other patients in wheelchairs...some with tubes hanging off of them. There was a 35 year old man in a wheel chair with 3 kids below the age of 10. He has Lou Gehrig's disease. (I think I spelled that right...) He is not supposed to make it through Christmas.
It was nice and very humbling to see them all smile when we performed. My dance teacher fell asleep though. She missed most of the performances. It was a very depressing atmosphere and I give so much credit to the nurses that take care of them. How horrible it must be to lose a patient that you have been caring for.
I am still sick. I have the world's biggest canker sore on my tongue which makes swallowing and chewing almost impossible. I am hoping this Monday will go smooth. I hate Mondays.
Sorry for all the complaining. That's just all I feel like doing because of this crappy cold.
I do have some good news up my sleeve but I'll save that for a later post when I feel a bit better.
Til then,
Karla =(

Hey Karla- So sorry to hear you arent feeling well- that sucks!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you are performing in the rehabilitation center. You are bringing joy to people who need it- you are a good person.
Thanks for sharing...
Oh man girl! I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are feeling sick!
ReplyDeleteAwww hope you feel better soon! We are gonna rock this BL Challenge!!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a speedy recovery. drink lots of lukewarm fluids.it definitely helps.take care *hugs*
ReplyDelete